Storetasker.com - deleted my site instead of fix it, then try to cover it up!! Anyone else?

Shopify Partner
3 0 0

This is not normally what I like to do, but these guys need to be outed,

Their actions that were intentional, The tasker deleted my the website that I had paid someone else to build and was getting them to fix up, he didn't know it and started to back away from the job on the very first day, 3 weeks later when nothing had been done, and the tasker would vanish when I came online,

Still to this day 4 Months later they have not given me a list of what things he did and didn't do! and they say they can't force him to do anything, but he still works with them... the first time I ask if what he was doing was ok and meant to be an urgent job, he cracks it and says he won't return any money and blocks me, That was on the first complaint! professional. from their they did a kangaroo court and decided to give him half!!! for deleting my site and running away!

They offered another tasker to rebuild the site and at full rates too!!! how crazy is this!...

these guys are dodgy and you will never get a phone number to call them and Jonathon Kennedy does drink his own cool aid, and doesn't care one bit! Be warned, his facebook group is screened so no one can complain and the masses can't hear you, nor does here make himself or his company available...

They say they are a canadian Company yet registered in Estonia? canadian tax dodging maybe from making the money overseas and not declaring it in his country? 

4 Months, now without a site and the storetaskers say 'Satisfaction Guarantee'

Anyone else had a negative experience with storetasker.com? please let me know and what happened and did they fix it and how hard did you have to fight to get it fixed? storetasker address 01.jpgstoretasker address 02.jpgJonathan Kennedy BS 02.jpgStoreTaskercom info.jpgOh and here is the address of where they are meant to be in canada? I think someone is not to honest!!!

Jonathan Kennedy BS.jpgstoretasker address 03.jpg

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
534 21 56

Hi there @Smarty!

Don here from Shopify. :)

Sorry to hear about your difficulties in this regard.

This is not the sort of outcome anyone would want to see when paying for a professional service, to say the least.

We can look into filing a complaint about this situation with you internally as appropriate.

In order to do so, we will just need to have you send an email into us via our support site for which you will be given a support ticket number.

You can quote this ticket number as a reply in this thread and we can use that to go to work on this for you.

Be sure to include as much info about this issue in your email as possible, with specifics on the business name and contact email you had been using for this service.

I look forward to hearing from you and working on this case with you.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Astronaut
835 95 178

Dang that really sucks. Always, ALWAYS, download your current theme before allowing ANY developer to access it. It gets sent to your email address associated with your account in a zip file and recovering it is as easy as uploading the zip file. As you have experienced, all they have to do is press a button to delete your theme. You would still be out the money you paid these people, but at least you would have your theme before any changes they made (which from the sound of it, they didn't really make any). Hope you get some kind of justice in this situation.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
1 Like

these are fake shopify expert, we must all report theme to Shopify to remove theme from Shopify partner program, i read lot of complaints about theme, moreover, they are using fake reviews on their website, ... everybody must report those fake gurus to shopify.

I saw on facebook, the guy who create this website, doesn't know almost anything about ecommerce or Shopify, it is a shame !

Ecom-Gurus.com The Freelance Marketplace For You
1 Like
4 0 0

Sucks you've had a bad experience with storetasker. But as mentioned above you should always take the necessary precautions when giving anyone access to your site.

I've only had great experiences with storetasker, have built a nice relationship with one of the devs on there. Currently finishing up a custom job for us now and moving on to another straight after.

0 Likes