Streamline Theme - Unique Product Stories

Trulines87
Tourist
8 0 0

I'm using the Streamline theme. I would like to use the Product Story feature, however, I want unique stories for each of my products. At the moment, when you create a Product Story, it applies the story to every product. How do you create unique stories for each product? Thanks! 

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
837 91 191

Hey, @Trulines87 

This a theme developed by a third-party so I would recommend reaching out to them directly for support. That being said, I did go through their documentation and found a guide for exactly what you're looking for. These 'product stories' come from the theme using templated 'sections' within the theme files. The reason why you are seeing the one 'story' across all products is that by default, you are creating only one templated section and it's applying that across all your products. 

That guide above is going to show you how to create a new 'section' template (product story) within your theme file and how to apply it to a product(s). So in short, you can have unique product stories you will just be required to create a new 'section' template for each product. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Trulines87
Tourist
8 0 0

Thank you very much!!

0 Likes
Trulines87
Tourist
8 0 0

@Dirk Thank you very much for your comment. I have successfully created a new template and section in the code. I have also put one of my products onto the new template. However, how do you then assign the product story to a new product template? 

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
837 91 191

@Trulines87 When you are in your admin, go to a product you want to edit, and at the bottom right of the page you will see a section called "Theme Templates - Template Suffix". Change that template to the one you have just designed.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes