Streamline purhcase flow

Tourist
24 0 2

Hello! 

Currently on my shop when someone wants to purchase on item, they have to click on the add to cart button -> go to the cart -> proceed to payment -> and then are finally on the checkout page. 

I would like them to be able to click on add to cart and then directly be redirected to the payment page. 

Could anyone advise on how to do this? 

Here is an example of a page on my store https://ciaooo.today/products/complement-alimentaire-on

I'm using the Narrative them, though it has been customized quite a bit

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Kind Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
161 20 20

Hey, @Lisa_Dudley!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

This is a great question! Most times sending customers straight into the checkout after seeing one product can increase your abandon checkout rate and can also reduce your average order value/customer lifetime value long term.

That said, sending customers straight to the checkout after adding one item to the cart can be a benefit for pre-sales, one product stores, service-based businesses, high-value product launches and the like.

If you're sure this will work for your store and business model I've got a couple of options to help you get that done!

For the easiest way to get this on your store right away you can use one of the 3 apps below:

On the other hand, if you're comfortable with HTML/CSS/Liquid coding you can choose to edit the code in your theme to help with this.

Since your Narrative theme is quite customized as you mentioned, I'd seek the help of a Shopify Expert to help with this custom code to make sure that the other functions or customizations you have on your store won't be broken or interfere with the new code.

We have a code tutorial called Stay on the product page after adding products to the cart. In this tutorial, it redirects the customer back to the product page after clicking Add to Cart. However, in your case, you can modify this to redirect them straight to the checkout. In this Community post there's a unique trick on how to do it if you need an idea on how to complete that code.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes