Strike-through Text In Search Bar (Mobile Version) Only On Android?

Tourist
4 0 1

Ok this one is weird, and maybe has to do with a font being used? I know very little about coding. :( I lost my web designer who messed with the coding and am trying to complete.

I found a code to add a search bar to my menu drawer and header. Header works fine on desktop, but the sidebar on Android devices only shows a text strike-through when you start typing, until you hit space. The text bar lines up wonky too, but it works perfectly fine on an IPhone.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated with where to start that would do that on one type of phone but not another?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1838 173 559

Hi,

Just checked on an Android device with Chrome browser 71 as well as desktop small view and simulated device view on Chrome 71. Cannot reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Could you tell us what device / browser you're using and whether you have tried on a different device (same OS though)?

Thanks and best wishes!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Karl!

Thanks so much for looking into this with me!

I'm looking at it on a Google Pixel 2 XL using chrome, and checked it on another pixel 2 (saw the same issue, perhaps an issue with the pixel?) Android version 9, Chrome 71. It also did the same thing on the pixel using firefox and when we went to the desktop view on the phone. Each one produces the image that you see in my initial picture on the post. Do you think the navigation bar on this phone is forcing it to condense where other android devices have a different navigation bar? I appreciate the help! (And at least I'm also learning this is more limited.... :) )

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
Just tried on a Galaxy s9 Android 8 and got the same thing too if that helps.
0 Likes