Stripe Checkout

NicolaeTudosa
1 0 0

Hi, I've been struggling for a few days to integrate Stripe checkout into Shopify  but all the documentation on Stripe is very confusing. Did anyone manage this integration to help me with some information?

0 Likes
Rose
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 56

Hi, @NicolaeTudosa !

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Since Stripe is a third party payment gateway, it is usually best to contact their customer support lines directly for clarification. I was able to locate their contact page on their site directly to expedite the process for you. 

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Nicolas_H
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

@Rose is the linked thread no longer applicable then? It says that

all orders processed through a Shopify store must be done through our checkout system. While you can enable third-party payment providers, which process the actual payment on an external site, all orders must be facilitated through our checkout system.

https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Shopify-Stripe-JS/td-p/464227#

I have a client who sells digital goods, and therefore cannot use Shopify Payments. They use Stripe payments, but want to integrate with Stripe Checkout because it provides chargeback protection. The linked thread says this cannot be done, but maybe that has changed?

0 Likes
Nicolas_H
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

@Rose is there someone that can address my question?

0 Likes
piotrsznajder
1 0 0

I have raised this question to Shopify, and they says that this will be checked, but unfortunately they do nothing. Solution, get developers, pay them. They will integrated the new checkout for you, question if this will allow to enable payment protection ?

I dont know, but longer I use the Stripe I hate them, there was already some frauds that they do not identify when processing payments from the clients.  Be careful!!

0 Likes
Nicolas_H
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

I've had several developers tell me that while it may be possible, it would cause your customers to checkout on a completely separate website than your store. As a result, you would need to build out a backend to manage mapping the Shopify cart items to items in a separate database to populate the Stripe checkout with. Additionally, you would also lose out on Shopify analytics because your orders would no longer be tracked by Shopify, unless you also build out the backend to create and fulfill these orders on Shopify after the customer checks out on Stripe.

So you're looking at a hacky solution at best.

0 Likes