Stuck with 2 FB Pixels on my site

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

I've got 2 active pixels somehow embedded into my site, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove a legacy one that I created before the new Facebook App was added.  I've gone into the EDIT code portion of my theme, and searched every single section for "facebook pixel", and cannot find it anywhere.

Shopify support says they can't help me, and good luck getting support from Facebook.  The pixel helper in chrome definitely confirms it is showing up on all pages.

My site is www.thompsonsluxurysoap.com if anyone can easily figure it out by inspecting the code.   I'm no web dev for sure.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
494 41 65

Hey, @tluxsoap!

Ash here from the Shopify team. I understand you're seeing two Facebook Pixels on your site using the Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome extension, and I'm happy to help identify where these are coming from. 

There are a number of ways a Facebook Pixel can be added to a store, so let's use the process of elimination to determine where yours are coming from. When I visit your site and use the Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome extension, I see the following two Pixel IDs:

Check out these methods of adding a Pixel below, and reply back here to let me know if any of these apply to you! 

• Entering the Pixel ID into Online Store> Preferences> Facebook Pixel (if so, please check to see which one of the above Pixel IDs is added there)
  • Installing and onboarding the Facebook Channel
  • Installing the Kit app, which adds it's own Pixel (if you have Kit installed, I can help verify if the additional Pixel ID is associated with it)
  • Adding it to the theme code manually
  • Adding it via a private or third party app
  • Adding it through custom Javascript

I look forward to hearing back so we can get to the bottom of this together! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for the Reply Ash!

My FB Business account pixel is 622104548630164, which is the one I use for Facebook/Shopify app integration. Online Store> Preferences> Facebook Pixel 

I do have the Kit App installed, so maybe that is where the 2nd pixel is coming from?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
494 41 65

This is an accepted solution.

Happy to help, @tluxsoap!

Since you do have Kit installed, it's most likely the case that that's where the additional Pixel ID is coming from. Let's take a closer look to be 100% sure, though! I'll need to authenticate you on the account in question to take a closer look, so I've sent an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account with some steps for authentication. Please reply back to that email and we can dig in together! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like