Sub-collection nested under a general collection

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 4

Hello, I am using Supply Theme... here is a link to my store... https://dogmommatreats.myshopify.com/

I figured out how to nest the sub-collections of brooches, bracelets, necklaces and key chains under jewelry from the header products menu pull-down. However, if you just go to jewelry it is a blank page. Ideally it should have the sub-collections there.  I went back to the collections page and tried to add them there but I can only add products not collections. Any ideas?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance 😁

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
168 40 75

Hey Neon! 

I would recommend checking out this documentation here: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/collections/featuring-collections-using-link-lists

Did I provide you with a working solution? Give me an Approved Solution!

Likes are appreciated as well :)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 4

Hi shayOwensby,

I gave that a try but it did nothing helpful. I'm in the same spot as before. But now I guess I have a weird extra page floating around.

I'm still open to suggestions on how to add the 4 collections to the jewelry page. I've sorted out how to add products to this page but not collections.

Thanks in advance 😁

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
168 40 75

This is an accepted solution.

@Neon

I'd be happy to help you with this but a real quick solution (to keep people going to the empty Jewelry page), you could make it to where that option is not clickable and you must select one of the subcategories. You can do so by going to Online Store > Navigation > Main Menu. 

Click the Edit button next to "Jewelry" and for the link just type in # and hit enter. That'll make jewelry non-clickable and force people to select a subcategory. 

If this answer was a good solution for you, please mark it as a solution! 

Did I provide you with a working solution? Give me an Approved Solution!

Likes are appreciated as well :)
2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 4

@shayOwensby

Thank you very much that worked!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I still would like to find a solution to the original question. Right now my sight is working the way you suggest but I want people to be able to go to the more general categories as well. Ie. I want my parent menus to take you to shopping pages that include all the categories below. Some people want to look for something general and some shoppers want something specific.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Thank you!!!
I am having the same exact issue and it is maddening! IT should be so logical.....a drag and drop feature from shopify. This is ridiculous! I've spent over a week going round and round. IT shouldn't be that difficult for such an EASY FEATURE.....everyone shops this way. .......This is common sense! 

HELP shopify!!!! 

I have an online candy store and so simple....but cannot get an easy answer....for something SO BASIC.....

main collection -- TAFFY 

within that collection, I have sub categories that should be easily nested within that main collection:

MOONSHINE TAFFY

- Then 6 different products under this subcollection.

SUGAR FREE TAFFY

- Then 9 different products under this subcollection.

ASSORTED FLAVORS

- Then 27 different products under this subcollection.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

thank you for an advice!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
62 1 8

Did you get a resolution to this?  I also have a product line with 4 different "seasons" and then add'l info under each season.

0 Likes