Subcategories

5 0 0

I am almost to the point of being able to load my store.  I am not clear on how to add categories and subcategories.

Example:  I would like a set of category tabs, that have a few subcategories in each tab as a type of drill-down.

sort of like this

APPAREL  ---  NFL

NHL

NBA -- (TEAM CHOICES) -- (APPAREL TYPES shirts, hats, etc)

I can see how to do collections, but I am not seeing a way to put subcategories under each collection.  At least it is not obvious to me.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
400 0 64

Hi Ed,

Britton here with the Shopify support team.

If you are wanting to make a multi level drop down menu on your store there are three ways to do it. For the first one you need to have a theme that supports multi level drop down menus. If you do, you should be able to create the next level of drop downs in the exact same way as the first level: by creating a menu with the exact same name as the link you are dropping down from.

If you do not have such a theme you could get set up with the Bacon Mega Menu App. It allows for putting multi-level drop downs and meganavs into themes that don't support them. The only other option would be to code in the functionality custom into your theme, but that's a bit more complicated than I can help with.

I hope that is useful for getting you started!

-Britton

Britton Shopify Guru
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey Ed21, 

Were you ever able to achieve this? I am attempting to do the same on my site. 

0 Likes