Success with loading Dawn into your shopify account?

Wattzco
Tourist
4 0 1

Has anyone had any success with loading Dawn into your Shopify account?

The link below are the instructions given for creating a Dawn Theme for your account.
https://shopify.dev/themes/getting-started/create

I'm having a hard time here in the process. I've follow the steps given and my outcome is a 404 home page.

Wattzco_0-1625421296057.png

ShopifyProblem.JPG

>> Everything seems to be loaded in GitHub properly. I'm able to read the readme it posts in the GitHub Repo.

>> Created Partner Account
>> Created New Store (I can see Dawn Theme here and it works, but store has no Shopify Plan)
>>> I would like dawn on the account that I have a plan on.

>> I have now a Developer Account (In which I can't Host any site Live)
>>> And I have my Original Account with a Basic Plan (Both are under the same email)

>> I followed the instructions to load dawn to GitHub repo and then push the branch to the Shopify.
>>> I see the theme after I've connected to GitHub and added the new repo.

>> Once I Publish the theme, and I go to visit it. its 404 as the photo above shows.

Any thoughts? 

Is my original Shopify account with basic plan not a 2.0 store and I will need to register for a new plan on the new store?
(Could I transfer the plan if this is the case?)

Are the Original Stores before 2.0 stores not yet programed and ready to edit a Dawn Site?

So many questions. Lets Chat.

0 Likes
Majagar
3 0 0

Yea I get this too, but it seems that if you create a brand new shop it's ok

I think the shop admin still needs an upgrade or the git code of the dawn is broken

0 Likes
rnrmediagrp
Excursionist
14 0 4

I'm having the same issue. Any help Shopify?

0 Likes
JonoNZ
1 0 0

I think OP has covered this, but for anyone else:

6kHNVUKv3m.png

0 Likes
Wattzco
Tourist
4 0 1

Ya, I created one as I didnt have one before.

I just created a new shopify. Payed another year subscription. Bit the bullet and assigned now my shopify 1.0 account to a simple website that wont get heavy sales traffic ha!

If someone finds a solution or any help it would still be great to turn my Debut to Dawn. 5x faster web browsing is a seller on itself.

0 Likes
hardik355
Shopify Partner
99 7 11

Hi @All

If you have partner account then create new store. Shopify provide new dawn theme in after create some specify date. so you can access new dawn theme. i'm already check all new features.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Shopify theme and app developer.
Thanks 

0 Likes