Suddenly a neon green bar has appeared in the header of my website!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Please help! A colored bar appeared on my header on desktop (not mobile) and I have no idea how to get it off. I deleted and installed a couple apps beforehand but they didn't have anything to do with the header so I'm very confused. Can someone from Shopify take a look? Or does anyone know how I can fix this as quickly as possible? www.mythmagick.com

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 2.39.27 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
101 15 19

Hey @arianamagick 

My name is Eunice from the Shopify Community, thanks for posting!

If you haven't changed any theme code lately then it's more than likely one of the apps you installed and deleted that's caused the green banner. Sometimes, apps of any kind can leave a trail of code in your theme, even after they're deleted. The best thing to do here would be to contact the developers of the apps you recently used to, first of all, confirm which app caused the banner, and secondly, to get it erased.

If you need help with an app that you downloaded from the Shopify App Store then you can request support from the app's developer either from the Apps section of the Shopify admin (if you still have the app installed) or on the app's listing page like the example below:

1ten8-9ho79

If you need help with an app that you downloaded directly from a developer's website, then you can find the developer's contact information on the website where you installed the app. Shopify doesn't provide support for apps that you downloaded directly from a developer's website.

Let me know if this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to reply back to this thread or reach out to our 24/7 live support.

Cheers!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
934 82 113

@arianamagick - hello , please add following css to the very end of your theme.min.css file

.ie header{background: none !important;}
you are welcome to contact me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com
0 Likes