Supply Theme Design Help

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hello!

I am relatively new to Shopify and run a small jewelry store named Hayden B. Jewelry. We use the Supply Theme and I have a couple design questions for you. 

1. How can I show the store logo in the top bar in between the Menu and the Cart sign? I feel like it's taking a lot of white space right now.

2. How can I remove the navigation breadcrumbs from all pages?

3. How can I implement infinite scroll on collection pages?

4. How can I show the second image of any given product when someone hovers/touches it?

Thank you so much for your help!!

-Ben

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
654 46 142

You'll have to dig into the code but I'll give you some guidance.

This article will show you how to locate the elements you're looking for and how to edit your theme code: How to Safely Edit Your Shopify Theme

1. You can edit the code for the header, it's probably in something like header.liquid or theme.liquid.

2. You might be able to do this in the Customize theme section, without code. Look in there first. If you're not able to there, then look for the code that controls the breadcrumbs and comment it out ( wrap it in {% comment %} tags so it doesn't show). You can usually find breadcrumbs in the top level template of the page (for example collection.liquid or product.liquid)... though sometimes it's in theme.liquid.

3. Too long to teach here, but if you want it implemented for you, my team does this all the time: https://speedboostr.com/services (scroll down to Infinite Scrolling).

4. Check your Customize theme section first. If no option exists there you can code it in by loading the second image under the featured image, but setting it to display: none. Then add a CSS rule that hides the primary image and shows the secondary image when you hover the image container. You should be able to find the code for this in a file like product-thumbnail.liquid or product-grid.liquid. (whatever controls your product grid, assuming you're referencing collection pages).

Give those a try, if you get stuck and want a pro to handle it, my team at Speed Boostr does web edits like this every day. You can send your requests to speedboostr.com/contact (or send me a private message, whichever you prefer).

Good luck 👨‍💻

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Thank you so much for the detailed response here. I really appreciate the help! I ended up buying a premium theme (Broadcast) which had those features built in.

Thanks again, Ben

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
654 46 142

Good move, premium themes cost less in the long run because you don't need to spend as much time / money adding and editing features.

Good luck 👍

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
I also build custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes