Supply Theme Image Variants

evergreengolfer
5 0 0

Hello, 

I am having an issue with the image variants on my Shopify store. Currently I am unable to filter out selected images. Since I sell different colors blue/red I want the main image to correspond the the variant selected. Example if a customer selects blue the first image they see is the blue scooter. If a customer selects red a red scooter will appear and replace the blue one. The color not selected should have the corresponding image hidden. Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
545 41 92

Hey, @evergreengolfer!

Just to clarify, is your main issue that your product images need to change when selecting different variants? If so, you just want to make sure that your variants have been assigned the correct product image. In your admin, you can navigate to Products > select a product > in the "Variants" section, check which image is assigned next to each variant (on the left). For example, if your variants were different colours it would look something like this:

21-58-xuxp9-nij8v

Essentially you need to make sure that you haven't only uploaded the photos under the "Media" section, but have also assigned each variant a specific image. If these are already assigned there but they aren't changing when a variant is selected, there may be an issue with your theme. If that's the case and you're using a free Shopify theme, please contact support. If you're using a third party theme, your theme developer should be able to assist. Hope that helps! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
evergreengolfer
5 0 0

Hi Brie, 

Thanks for your message I have selected the images as variants however when navigating the webpage they are not filtered out. Please advise. 

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
545 41 92

@evergreengolfer -

Okay, I see. Can you clarify what you mean by "filtered out"? Are you hoping for the other variant images to completely disappear when selecting a specific option?

0 Likes
evergreengolfer
5 0 0

Brie - Yes, I would like blue image to not show / be filtered out when the red variant  is selected, and vice versa. 

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
545 41 92

@evergreengolfer -

Ah, I see! This will require a bit of custom coding. You can reach out to our support team to check if that's something we can do for you using your design time. If it's not a supported change that we can make on your behalf, you can always hire a Shopify Expert to do it instead. 

0 Likes