Supply Theme - Remove the "More" Drop Down From the Menu

Highlighted
6 0 0

For the Supply theme - I want to get rid of the "more" drop down on the menu and instead have the site show all the items on the menu.

more problem 1.jpg

thanks -

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
211 13 32

Hi, there.

I am Ren, a support guru from the Shopify team. I can definitely help out here.

In order to remove the drop down menu, head over to your store navigation page found here.

16-02-szl1o-2lz6w

Then under Navigation > Main Menu find "More" and take note of the menu items listed next to it.

16-23-fhh71-wvuv9

Click on more and on the next page you'll have the option to delete it.

16-24-40xtq-7cko6

Once deleted, head back to the main menu navigation, find "more" and delete it.

16-25-z68ie-3nrjn

Then simply click "Add menu item and add the menu items you took note of early. In the case of my example I'll be adding in Planters and Enamel Pins. Now your header should only contain menu items and no drop-down links.

Keep in mind that some themes have a limited number of characters that will fit in the header and if you exceed that, the menu will turn into what is called a hamburger menu. In the case of your theme, Supply, the header will split into 2 lines.

Also, you need more functionality with your menu, don't forget we have a lot of app integrations that can help you build a custom menu - check them out here.

Do you have any questions on how to get started with these steps? Let me know!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
6 0 0

Humm... that doesn't work at all. Again, I'm using the Supply theme, maybe you were posting a solution for a different theme. In navigation, my 'main menu' options look like this:

more problem 3.jpg

There is no 'more' that is part of the menu items (and no I did not already delete it).

My original problem is still unsolved.

0 Likes
Trailblazer
529 129 170

Hi, @shouldbeselling ,

This is Evita from On The Map.

Can you add your store URL? You will need to add a little bit of CSS code.

Best,
Evita

On The Map Marketing | Developing custom Shopify Sites & Apps is our thing

- Install our latest app Accessibly - Makes your store accessible for everyone, helps to avoid fines
- Inc 5000 | Shopify Parners | 20+ stores launched | 300+ active clients
- Need help with your Shopify store? Reach out to us!
0 Likes
6 0 0
Trailblazer
529 129 170

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->theme.scss->paste bellow code in bottom of file

#moreMenu {
   display: none!important;
}

- Install our latest app Accessibly - Makes your store accessible for everyone, helps to avoid fines
0 Likes
6 0 0

Okay - we're getting there.

I placed that code where you said (thanks) - and the 'more' drop down is gone, but the menu items that it contained are now NOT part of the menu.

It looks like this now:

more problem 5.jpg

Ideally there would be a second row on the menu now... (to be clear - there are three menu items not showing up now.)

0 Likes
Trailblazer
529 129 170

Ok, did you try adding the items within the admin panel?

0 Likes
Trailblazer
529 129 170

Oh, I see, the items in the menu are different than your navigation menu, did you add the navigation with code? You can try to look for navigation liquid file and add the missing items and their link to code.

0 Likes
6 0 0

Regarding the 'admin panel' - is that referring to the menu options we have under 'navigation'?

If that is the case, then yes, these menu items were added via the menu options within 'navigation'.

--

Re: "the items in the menu are different than your navigation menu, did you add the navigation with code?"

They are NOT different, they are exactly the same - and they were NOT added via code. I used the wysiwyg interface that Shopify provides.

Also - when I load the home page (or any page), the second row of the menu appears [the way I want it] and then disappears. I only see it for a moment as the page is loading. Maybe this is a hint as to what is going on.

thanks -

0 Likes