Supply Theme - changing slideshow speed

Tourist
51 0 1

Ive had no luck in changing the speed. im sure im in the right spot in slideshow.liquid and editing this command...

{
            "value": "5000",
            "label": "5 seconds"
          },
          {
            "value": "7000",
            "label": "7 seconds"
          },
          {
            "value": "10000",
            "label": "10 seconds"
          },
          {
            "value": "15000",
            "label": "15 seconds"

Ive changed the spedds but nothign has happened and still 5 seconds.

What should be done for the speed to actually work for me?

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
264 22 43

Hi Michael, thanks for your post. After altering or adding values in the code, be sure to go to your theme customizer (Online Store > Actions > Customize) and select the slide transition time you want here: 
You should be able to see the slider time alter in the preview mode and when you find one you are satisfied with, don't forget to hit Save in the top right of your screen. If you continue to experience an issue, send us a note at support@shopify.com and let me know the ticket number here so I can get your query into the appropriate hands. 

All the best! - Jude

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

Sorry to hijack this post, but couldn't find anything similar for minimal theme. I'm trying to set slideshow speed to 1 or 2 seconds on minimal them but the lowest speed is 3. Where do I change the code and what do I type to change that?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi there, I know this post is old but I think I have found the solution:

1. Goto your dashboard, locate online store and then themes. Next to the customise button on your active theme, click the drop down and click edit code.

2. In the folder directory on next screen, open up the folder called config, then click settings_data.json.

3. Once open hit ctrl+F to open the finder. Then enter ' slider_home_rate ' and that line of code is your inputted slider speed from within the customise theme settings. Mine was '5000' (5 seconds), if yours was 3 seconds it would be 3000 as it's measured in the code in milliseconds.

"slider_home_rate": "3000"
  4. Change this to any value you like and then hit the blue save button in top right corner.

Screenshot (385).png

I am using the Supply theme, however I think this should cover a few of the other themes too.
0 Likes