Supply Theme / sub-categories

tessier
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi everyone! I am working with the Supply theme and have a question regarding the header. I sell cosmetics from different brands and have all the different  brands listed as categories in the header. The list of brands is slowly getting longer and therefore I would like to cut it up in sub-categories, like A-E, F-L and so on. I have tried to do this, via navigation. The result was not that great though, with the different categories overlapping each other on the homepage, when you click "Brands" and one of the sub-categories. Also not all of them were shown, but covered by others. It is a bit difficult to explain, but I hope you get what I mean. Does anyone has an idea on how to solve this? Or how do you handle your sub-categories, in terms of how they get presented on the homepage? Thank you in advance :). / Therese.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
746 53 90

Hi, Therese!

Sophia here from Shopify.

It sounds like you've started to create some drop-down menus under Online Store > Navigation in the admin, is that correct? When the Supply theme has drop-down menus enabled, the menus should transition seamlessly with only one appearing at a time, like in this example from the Shopify Theme Store demo for Supply:

21-03-v78b8-gfixo.gif

If one menu is overlapping another, that might indicate an issue with the theme code. I added a new copy of Supply to my test store and wasn't able to replicate an overlap. Do you have any third-party apps installed, or has the theme code been adjusted at all by anyone working on the store?

Since Supply is one of the free themes from Shopify, our Theme Support team may be able to help you resolve this if we need to look into the account to figure it out. I'm happy to investigate further here first to see if we can resolve it without moving to another channel.

If you can share your store link here or screenshots or video of the overlap, that help me and others in the community provide further insight into what's going on. It would also be helpful to know whether you're experiencing the issue on desktop, mobile, or both, as well as which browsers and devices you've tried so far.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes