Supply theme homepage title and meta description

vcircle0111
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi all,

I am on the supply theme and do not see the homepage title and meta description.

I have filled the optimised homepage title and meta description through preferences section on the Shopify's backend. 

Can someone help me fix this issue please.

Thanks

Ram

0 Likes
Oliver
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
408 45 75

Hi, @vcircle0111 !

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you've already done exactly what you'll need to do.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Preferences.

2. Enter a title and meta description for your store, following SEO best practices.

3. Click Save.

Your store's meta description and title won't update right away. It will fully depend on when search engines like Google crawl your stores information. Therefore, Google displaying a different meta description than what is set in the Admin is actually normal in some cases, and doesn't necessarily indicate an issue with the SEO itself. If you just recently changed the meta description, or actual page title, it may take Google a few days, or even weeks, before it scans the site again to get the new information. It is possible to ask Google to recrawl the site using these instructions from Google. However, as their guide says, it's not guaranteed, and it may take several days to complete.

Hope that helps!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes