Symmetry: Add contact us button to product page and hide add to cart button

tigerriver
1 0 0

Hi,

I’m using the Symmetry theme. For some of the products we sell on the website, we wanted the customer to contact us before placing an order. I would like to remove the add to cart button and replace it with a "contact us" button that links to a phone number if possible. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1383 92 187

Hi there @tigerriver!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for sharing your query with us here in the Shopify Community.

I'd like to share some info on how you can get support for your theme and some other, hopefully useful, information.

How you would be able to get support for a given theme would depend on from whom that theme was purchased.

In this case, as you mentioned, you're using the Symmetry theme which is the creation of Clean Canvas themes.

You can see above on the theme store page for each theme is information on who created and supported this theme as well as any links to their documentation, support, or contact pages.

There's a contact form here on their site you can use to submit a question with regard to your theme and their support for it.

That said, for your specific query here we do have some info on customisation to replace the add-to-cart button with a contact link.

Please bear in mind that this is designed for use with Shopify themes specifically, so we can't guarantee it can be made to work in this way for a third-party theme, but I would like to provide all relevant info here.

If you'd like to try to put that in place yourself, I'd definitely recommend you make a duplicate copy of your current theme so that there is a safe version to fall back to.

Feel free to either check in with your theme developers or see if this is a customisation you're happy to take on yourself from here.

Are you still working on getting your store off the ground or have you been selling for a while already here (or indeed, elsewhere)?

Let me know if there's anything else you want to work on for your store or you have any other questions for us here!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes