Symmetry Theme - adding "related products" to product page

1 0 0

Is there a way to easily add related products or "you might also like" products to the individual product pages?

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 4

Hello Erin! 

Kassey here from the Shopify Guru Team! There are actually quite a lot of different apps that would allow you to offer recommended or related products to your customers. Be sure to check out the Shopify App Store to see the variety of options you have, but I would also recommend specifically looking into the apps; Automatic Related Products and Recomify Related Products!

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify support!

Kassey S
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I know this is late but I'm posting here in case anyone finds this thread later. The guru recommends an app but why pay for something the demo shows should come with the theme?

There should be a snippet in the snippet folder called "related-products.liquid". Try adding it into the bottom of the product.template file to see if it gets called in on the front end by using this code: 

{% include 'related-products'%}

Related products were not showing for me until I did this.

I also changed the text "you may also like", by going to the en.default.json file.

0 Likes