Text at the bottom of collection pages

4 0 0

I'm new to Shopify and am trying to figure out the best way to put text below the products on my collection pages...I have a lot of additional info about each collection that needs to go there and if I put it all on top people will have to scroll down too far to see the products. I read one post which recommended editing the collection.liquid page so that it would put text from a page that I created with a matching handle at the bottom of the page.  I tried it, and this worked, but it would mean creating a seperate page for each of my collections with the bottom text and I'm not sure how that is going to work as far as SEO...would it be seen as duplicate content if I have that information on a page of it's own AND on the collection page?  And what if customers end up on those pages with a lot of text but no products?  I would have to make sure each of those page either linked to or redirected back to the main collection page which seems like an odd workaround that might slow down my site.  Is there any better way to do this?  I have a lot of collection pages that need different text on the bottom of each one. My old cart just had a field on the category page to enter text that would appear below the products so it never occurred to me that this would be a difficult thing to do!

I'm using New Standard theme.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
195 0 23

Hey Mandysmoon2, 

It indeed requires a small workaround on Shopify:) You'll find the solution on this post: 

https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/trying-to-write-text-underneath-my-collection-pag...

If you need any help setting this up, just let me know and I'll provide a quote. You can e-mail me at: michael82605 (at) gmail (dot) com. 

Cheers,

Michael

Maukau - Shopify Experts in Paris, France
0 Likes
4 0 0

Thanks...yes, I had followed that tutorial and it worked, but I'm not sure that this is how I want to do it...I'm worried that having the same text at mysite.com/pages/text and mysite.com/collections/text will be seen as duplicate content by Google.  

After playing around with it I think I may have come up with another workaround, to put the bottom text into snippets and then include the snippets on page templates that are different for each collection.  It's pretty similar to the original idea except that I don't have to create another page with another URL.  Is there any reason why I shouldn't do it this way? Will having a lot of different templates and snippets slow my site down?

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi, just wondering if you ever found a simple solution to add text to the bottom of a collection page?

0 Likes