Text editor is buggy

Tourist
8 0 1

Oh, something else I noticed is that there isn't a predicable number of characters getting deleted when the cursor moves to the top of the window, but it does always seem to be at least one.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 33 80

Having a video allows us to see what you're typing when the issue arises. This will aid in replicating the issue. 

Once the issue can be replicated, then further troubleshooting can be addressed. 

Thanks! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Unbelievable. I can't believe you have to hear this twice so far from an end user, and still don't get it. Here it is for a third time. Please pay careful attention:

A video will only let you see what is appearing on screen, not what keys were being pressed when characters fail to appear on screen and the cursor gets reset to the top of the entry window. Dang.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 33 80

I can appreciate where you're coming from, @ztatic !

If you can send along a key log that would also be helpful, but in order to fully diagnose the problem we will need a video recording as well. 

Thanks so much! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have this issue anytime I'm creating a website and it's starting to really get in my nerves, glad to see it's not just me and it's an issue with shopify it seems, please look into this more because it has messed up a lot of my descriptions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

I'm pretty much done editing the home page where this problem seems to predominate, but can run a monitor just in case. Revealer Keylogger Pro captures keystrokes and takes a screenshot for every keystroke and mouse move. It's $40, which is among the cheaper alternatives. I have no use for it, other than to help your programmers analyze this issue, so please either buy it and send me the installation credentials, or pick something free that will work. Frankly, I think my data collection and transfer effort will be worth a lot more than $40, considering I'll be contributing to improvements in your commercial software and have lost time due to the issue already. Really, though, I can't understand how it could be that the issue cannot be found by inspecting the source code, or at least reproduced and solved without end user assistance. It's a pretty sad state of affairs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 33 80

Hi, @ztatic 

We certainly do not expect you to spend money on a software for troubleshooting, I was under the impression you already had access to this software when you suggested using it. 

I will reach out to you directly so I can look into your account and help resolve the issue. 

Please keep an eye out for an email!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 33 80

If anyone else is experiencing this issue please reach out to our support with examples - thanks! 

0 Likes