How can I change the subscription confirmation message and bar color?

mikerubino1980
Visitor
1 0 0

when someone gives their email address - it say thanks for subcribing in a green bar... is there a way to change the message and color of the bar ?

thanks

mike

Replies 5 (5)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @mikerubino1980

My name is Rae and I work for Shopify. I'm happy to lend a hand with this! 

To change that text, please log in to your Shopify admin and follow these steps: 

1. Click on 'Online store > Themes' 
  2. Beside your current theme, click 'Actions > Edit languages' 
  3. At the top of the page, click on the 'General' tab 
  4. Scroll down to the 'Newsletter form' section
  5. Edit the text under 'Newsletter confirmation' 
  6. Click 'Save' 

For reference, this is the field you'll want to edit: 

21-02-dkec8-7g5ck.png

In order to change the color of the green bar that this message appears on, we may need to change a setting within your theme. To check this, just follow these steps: 

1. From your Shopify admin, click 'Online store > Themes' 
  2. Click 'Customize' beside your current theme 
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the lefthand sidebar and click 'Theme settings' 
  4. Click 'Colors' 
  5. If the green color is selected here, you can go ahead and change it to a different color 
  6. Click 'Save'

However, it's important to note that changing this green color in your theme settings will change it everywhere that it appears on your theme. So, if you only want to change this color in this one spot, you may need to customize your theme to complete this change. If you're using a Shopify-developed theme, our team may be able to help out with this. But, if you're using a third-party theme instead, it's best to speak with your theme developers directly about making this change. 

With that in mind, can you please let me know which theme you're using? You can find this information directly in your Shopify admin under 'Online store > Themes > Current theme'

I hope to hear back from you about this soon! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Tiff2
Excursionist
42 1 15

Hi - I have the same question but when I go to 'Colors' I don't see any green color there?

websensepro
Shopify Partner
1014 139 147

Check out this video tutorial here where you can also learn how to change styling of success message 

Need a Shopify developer?
Hire us at WebSensePro
For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
Subscribe to our youtube channel or buy us a Cofee here
Lizavdstock
Visitor
1 0 0

I didn't want to change the color and size on the message. However I skip to adding the link on the message. Why is it not showing? Thanks in advanced

AnilKharvi
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey, I am not getting this section under my general tab, do I have to edit something in my code.??