The pixel is not paired with any product catalog. How to fix that??

Shopify Partner
1 0 2

Hey, I create a Product catalog Facebook channel and now the pixel helper writes that have a problem with ViewContent event: "The pixel is not paired with any product catalog. A relationship between a pixel and product catalog must be specified."

I try to fix that but according to Facebook guide I need to connect facebook pixel with my product catalog, but I can do this only via Business manager (according to Facebook guide) and in facebook manager, I can't see any product catalog (it display to create a new one).

What is the solution?

Thanks

2 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Same issue. When you use the Shopify Facebook App, it creates the catalog with Shopify being the owner and not us.

0 Likes
2 0 1

Anyone have any info on this? I’m really struggling with this.

1 Like
3 0 0

Me too. Anyone figure this out?

0 Likes

Hi There, You probably solved that, but for anyone else seeing this, the answer is here:

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1044262445604547

Best, 

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
0 Likes
2 0 0

hi. I m trying to follow this steps but doesnt work for me. do I have to add facebook as sales channel in my shopify account?

0 Likes

Hi diegorojas

What in the steps is not working for you?

Have you managed to get to "Connect Event Source" and select your pixel?

Thanks, 

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
0 Likes
2 0 0

So I added facebook as a sales channel on my shopify account.

When I go to catalog manager it says " no role assigned".  The catalog is under my business manager account PERSONAL. But my ad account and pixel is not in my personal business account. I don t if it makes sense to you.

So when I follow the steps it doesnt show any pixel to use.

Attached you can find some screen shots

56.jpg55.jpg

0 Likes

Hi Diegorojas,

Looks like Shopify is the owner of the catalog, and from what I've read it doesn't look like you can get a role for and have your Product catalog paired with your pixel for now see (go to page 8):

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/How-to-Associate-Shopify-s-Product-Catalogue-on-F...

With Smart Ads app you can have your product catalog owned and paired with your pixel, and... automatically create Dynamic Ads and track conversions of people who added to cart or purchased and target similar people. We've invented a new concept app that does all that and more, dedicated to Shopify stores, can help you get there fast from your first audience targeting to full optimization:

https://apps.shopify.com/my-smart-ads

Before you get started , I recommend your business claim ownership of your ad account, it will also add the pixel to your business manager (if you haven't claimed your ad account by any business, then your pixel is managed by your ad account):

Add an ad account in Business Manager:

Steps to add an ad account in Business Manager:

1. Go to Business Settings.
  2. Click Accounts and click Ad Accounts.
  3. Click + Add.
  4. Choose one of the 3 options: Add Ad Account, Request Access to an Ad Account or Create a new ad account. See below for additional information.
  5. If you choose to request access or add an ad account, enter the ad account ID. Learn where to find the account ID.

More on the 3 options:

• Add an Ad Account: Adding an ad account moves it permanently into Business Manager. You must be both the owner of the ad account and an admin in Business Manager to add the ad account. Please note, once you add an ad account and it's moved into your Business Manager, this action can't be reversed. All management of your ad account must be completed within your Business Manager profile. You can't add an ad account that's owned by another Business Manager. If you still want to work on an ad account that's owned by a different business, you can request access to it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey there!

Shoot me an email if you're still having this problem :) 

I've recently found a solution to this problem, and I can walk you thru fixing it so your event source is paired to your Shopify Catalog!

Email: jmaher@esperinbound.com 

0 Likes