Theme Debut: Add shipping ICON to Announcement bar.

marcel9
Tourist
7 0 0

Hey Shopify Community,

I am trying to add a shipping icon to my announcement bar. I have tried to find anything helpful but wasn't successful.

https://fishermans24.myshopify.com

PW: ticrab

The announcement bar says "Free shipping" and I want a shipping icon next to it. 

What are the steps to take?

Thank you for your help

Replies 9 (9)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

You can include Font Awesome on your theme for icons. Go into your theme.liquid in your Layouts folder in Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code

Open the file and look for the closing head tag and place this before it:

<script src="https://kit.fontawesome.com/f7cf0a6419.js"></script>
//place this script above the closing head tag 
</head> // <---- This is the ending head tag

Then open your header.liquid file in your sections folder and ctrl + f for "announcement-bar__message". You should see this line:

<p class="announcement-bar__message">{{ section.settings.message_text | escape }}</p>

change that to this:

<p class="announcement-bar__message">{{ section.settings.message_text | escape }} <i class="fas fa-truck"></i></p>

Now there should be a little truck at the end of your message.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
RogueButton
Tourist
12 0 1

Hello friend, i use the minimal theme and i basically just want to remove all text and replace with the 3 icons. Person icon for account, basket and magnifying glass for search. This is my current lay out, how can i change this?

marcel9
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you! Worked just fine! 

Where can I find the other Icons of that font style? Would like to add cart icon as well

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

You can just search through font awesome. Here's the page with the truck:

https://fontawesome.com/icons/truck?style=solid

Just find the icon you like and you can place it anywhere on your site with the <i class=""></i> tags, and put the class that they provide you on the site in the class field.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
xbbyoc
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for this. It Worked for my debut theme. For those are are wondering the truck will be at the end. Im excited about this. wooot wooot !

ericccccc
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

Your solution worked but now I am unable to change the text colour of the announcement bar message.

I have selected different colour in the header-announcement bar section but it is still black. 

I think it is because an icon has been added to the announcement bar.

Can you advise?

Thanks,

Eric

Roy37
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

Thanks for the solution.

I inserted that code into "announcement-bar.liquid" Section.  

My header has come out looking like this, with the truck icon sitting above the text. Any ideas? Capture.JPG

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1129

Hi @Roy37,

You will need to adjust the display css for this. Do you mind sharing your website so we can take a look?

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!
Melih11
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Guys, i cant find this line in my header.liquid file

<p class="announcement-bar__message">{{ section.settings.message_text | escape }}</p>

Can you help me out please?

Thank you in advance!