Solved

Why isn't the Shopify theme editor loading properly?

GRSN_APRL
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I've been trying to update my site this morning and while I was making changes the Theme Editor stopped responding, actually stopped loading altogether. When I click to customize my site the new window opens, and the webpage loads but the toolbar on the left is greyed out and the green loading bar at the top stops moving not even a quarter of the way across the top.

I've tried researching solutions and have applied every solution that has been put out there to include: deleting the cache, changing internet apps, using private windows but it still will not fully load.

I have elements on my webpage that is live right now that I do not want on there and now I'm stuck with it there until this is fixed. What is going on and when will this be fixed?

Mark

Accepted Solution (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @GRSN_APRL!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. I would love to help you with the loading issue you're encountering in the theme editor.

I'm glad to know you have already gone through some troubleshooting steps to try to fix it. I understand you have cleared your cache, used different supported browsers and tried private browsing windows. These are really great steps and they help bring us closer to a solution. If you're still encountering this issue, could you please go through further troubleshooting and follow the steps below?

• Update your browser, if it needs updating
  • Use a different device, such as a laptop if you're using your phone
  • Reset your device
  • Try another internet source, such as mobile data if you're currently using Wi-Fi, or a different Wi-Fi
  • Use the Shopify Mobile App

If none of these fix the issue, we'll need to access your account and investigate. We’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account. Create a support request mentioning all the troubleshooting methods you have done so far so we can proceed with the next best course of action.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @GRSN_APRL!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. I would love to help you with the loading issue you're encountering in the theme editor.

I'm glad to know you have already gone through some troubleshooting steps to try to fix it. I understand you have cleared your cache, used different supported browsers and tried private browsing windows. These are really great steps and they help bring us closer to a solution. If you're still encountering this issue, could you please go through further troubleshooting and follow the steps below?

• Update your browser, if it needs updating
  • Use a different device, such as a laptop if you're using your phone
  • Reset your device
  • Try another internet source, such as mobile data if you're currently using Wi-Fi, or a different Wi-Fi
  • Use the Shopify Mobile App

If none of these fix the issue, we'll need to access your account and investigate. We’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account. Create a support request mentioning all the troubleshooting methods you have done so far so we can proceed with the next best course of action.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog