Theme Help for Products (Brooklyn)

Solved
3 0 0

Hello,

My store carries a line of collectable artwork that cannot be purchased online through us, only the manufacturer. We can only do orders through us in person or by phone. I need these listed in product format for visual cleanliness anyway (they're top sellers), but instead of an "Add to Cart" button, I need something like "Contact to Order" on only those products. I'd also like to know if there is a way to list a product without the price being displayed when viewed in a product list. I have seen both of these traits on another store's Shopify page and they would solve my own issue. 

How can I accomplish 

• Listing a product without allowing the customer to buy it, just view it, but still in product format?
  • Removal of the price from view?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 25 26

Hey there, @shopsonbay!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to offer some options for you to hide product pricing and add contact links to replace the 'Add to Cart' buttons. Are you comfortable with coding?

We actually have guides for these customization tutorials. You can follow the steps in this guide to replace the 'Add to Cart' button with a contact link. We also have a guide to hide product pricing, however I'd like to clarify if you were wanting to hide all product pricing or just certain items. If you're wanting to hide all product pricing, then you can follow this guide for that customization. If you're wanting to hide certain product pricing, I'd be happy to check with our Theme Support Team as to whether this is within our scope of support for themes for eligible merchants. Our Theme Support Team can also assist with replacing the 'Add to Cart' button with a 'Contact' button, if you aren't familiar with coding.

If you would like our Theme Support Team to help you with these changes, just let me know whether you're wanting certain product pricing hidden or all pricing hidden. I'll then be sending you an email to authenticate the account and gain access to your theme to determine eligibility and confirm with our Theme Support Team in regards to whether your request is supportable.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you @Ryder. Your link to the guide helped greatly! Now I have run into another issue; the quick view is still enabled for these items I'm not allowed to sell online. This enables the add to cart function. Isn't there a condition I can add somewhere in the theme code that excludes Quick View from appearing on those specifically tagged products?

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 25 26

Hey there, @shopsonbay

So glad to hear that you were able to make the adjustments necessary. While this customization is likely outside the scope of Shopify support, it should be possible to implement. You can look into hiring an Expert to help you with this customization.

Although every theme is different, it looks like a similar question was asked and answered in this forum post. I'm not sure whether you will have success with this method, but if you decide to make the changes yourself it's always recommended to duplicate your theme first. Alternatively, you can also create a new forum post where you might be able to receive additional answers from other experienced members of the Shopify Community. 

I hope this answer gives you some direction as to what your options are at this point!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello again @Ryder

I couldn't find specific help for that problem, so I toyed around and found a way to still enable Quick View, but remove Add to Cart and the Quantity fields (but for all products, not specific to the products I had tagged a certain way). 

Under Assets, sca-quick-view.css:

}
.sca-qv-product-options label {
    display: none;
    float: left !important;
    line-height: 21px;
    margin-bottom: 3px;
    margin-top: 8px;
    text-align: left !important;
    width: 75px;
    margin-right: 0px !important;
}
.sca-qv-product-options select { margin-bottom: 20px; }
#sca-qv-variant-options .selector-wrapper select {
    max-width: none !important;
    width: 65% !important;
}
.sca-qv-product-options textarea { width: 30px; line-height: 18px; height: 18px; min-height: 18px; margin-bottom: 20px; }
#sca-qv-quantity {
    height: 0px !important;
    line-height: 0px !important;
    margin-bottom: 0px !important;
    width: 0px;
	float: left !important;
	padding: 0px !important;
	box-sizing: content-box !important;
	margin-top: 0 !important;
}

No quantity selection, no add to cart. May be a little shabby in terms of expertise here, but at least I figured something out, right? 

Thank you for your assistance!

0 Likes