Solved

Why is the updated Gecko theme causing an error message?

gncwearific
Visitor
2 0 0

I have Gecko theme which I have updated. I am getting an error message when I paste the code from the previous version to the updated version of the theme. Could you please help me with this issue?

Accepted Solution (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @gncwearific!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It doesn't look like the Gecko theme is available in the Shopify Theme Store, but I did manage to find this theme on ThemeForest.net here. On their Theme Forest page, you'll find a Support section with links to theme documentation and the developer's support portal, where you can submit a support request. 

The Gecko developers also have information on how to update your theme, which outlines two different methods. It does look like they require you to edit some of your theme's code, so hopefully those instructions help you with this! 

If you are still experiencing issues after following their theme update instructions, then I suggest reaching out to the Gecko developers directly. When it comes to getting support with third-party themes, contacting the developers directly is the best course of action, especially since they know their theme's code inside and out. They should be able to determine why you are receiving an error message when pasting code into your updated theme.  

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @gncwearific!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It doesn't look like the Gecko theme is available in the Shopify Theme Store, but I did manage to find this theme on ThemeForest.net here. On their Theme Forest page, you'll find a Support section with links to theme documentation and the developer's support portal, where you can submit a support request. 

The Gecko developers also have information on how to update your theme, which outlines two different methods. It does look like they require you to edit some of your theme's code, so hopefully those instructions help you with this! 

If you are still experiencing issues after following their theme update instructions, then I suggest reaching out to the Gecko developers directly. When it comes to getting support with third-party themes, contacting the developers directly is the best course of action, especially since they know their theme's code inside and out. They should be able to determine why you are receiving an error message when pasting code into your updated theme.  

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog