Theme keeps breaking - Showtime Theme

Highlighted

Hello,

I recently noticed that my website was broken, like the elements were not placed at the position. I had a copy of the theme before so I uploaded that one and it was working all good but now all of a sudden this one also became like that, broken.

Is there a bug or something?

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
652 39 85

Hi, @PranabJyoti !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you, and thanks for reaching out here.

I am sorry to hear that you appear to be running into difficulty with this- never an ideal situation. However it is great to hear that you have created a duplicate of your theme. This is very useful when making any edits to your theme's code, and indeed in situations like this to help offer a comparison. 

As this is a third party theme, I wouldn't be able to assess the code or pass this through to our own Theme support here, but there are still a couple of things for you to cross check:

• Have you installed any new apps recently/ since you began to notice these errors?
  • Had you made any coding changes or customizations to either theme?
  • Have you spoken with your theme developer?

Adding apps to your store can, in cases mean that code from the app is injected into your theme. As you have tested this on a duplicate theme, it may not be the case here, but it is still worth checking, just in case this is not specifically code related.

If you had made some customizations or edits, it could be worth rolling back to a previous version of your theme to see if this helps. If you have made edits to the theme's CSS (Custom Style Sheet) this cannot be rolled back and would need to be reviewed by an expert / the theme developer). 

In addition to the above, reaching out to your theme developer is good way to determine if there is a bug or if something is amiss with your own theme. They may be able to assist you directly in rectifying this. 

Our other forum users may also be able to help offer assistance. For them to be able to do so, it would be great if you could include both a link to your store, along with some screenshots of what elements seem to be misaligned.

I hope this helps, and that you do have a resolution on this very soon!

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes