Theme preview bar - how to remove

maya
Tourist
46 0 3

I have theme preview bar on the bottom of site. Why?

0 Likes
Ann
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 88

Hey Maya, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

It's hard to see what you mean without an example or screenshot, but what I think might be happening is you tested your store in another theme, and haven't ended that preview yet. If that's the case, this is what you should be seeing in your store: 

So this means that you clicked to 'preview' one of the other themes saved in your account, what that does is it will show you what your store looks like in another theme, without you fully committing to it. If you click the button to cancel the theme preview, that will remove the preview and you will see your online store go back to its original state. It's also good to know that your customers won't see this preview, it's something only you can see on your end. If you like the way your store looks with this preview, you can publish the theme you are seeing by following the steps on this page in our Shopify Manual. 

I hope this helps! If you're still having trouble with this, or you were referring to something else, feel free to reach out to our support team directly here - we can definitely help you out with this :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
maya
Tourist
46 0 3

Yes, you helped me! Thank you!

0 Likes
Malinois
1 0 1

There is no button for that. I'm sure this is a dead thread and won't be helped, but it just says edit home page as the only option, not close preview.

BIKER
1 0 0

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

0 Likes
SALPOH
3 0 0

F2F093BB-998F-4906-AB35-CF7932A70407.png

0 Likes
SALPOH
3 0 0

How do I remove?

0 Likes
SALPOH
3 0 0

How do I remove ?

BA8DA5FC-DA69-433F-A190-F0A0B8EAC489.png

0 Likes
booksguy74
1 0 0

Same! I'd really love an answer as to how to remove this black bar from the bottom of my site page every time I refresh. I know how to use the Shopify dashboard without having to navigate to it from my website, and I'd love to not have to hit this X to remove it constantly. Any help would be super appreciated!

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 6.55.33 PM.png

0 Likes