Theme settings don't do anything anymore

2 0 0

Hello, 

after I have made a slight cosmetic change to a margin in the liquid file the theme settings of that specific theme don't work anymore. This was apparently a problem from 2012. Aside from that I have not found any solutions.

Help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 18 54

Hi there, @TobiasGrill1!

Don here from Shopify. :)

It's very hard for us to diagnose this issue from here without further information, but in the simplest terms, it might be worth just undoing or removing the change you have made to see if that resolves the issue it in and of itself.

If the change you made was to the liquid code (.liquid files) rather than to the CSS (.css, .scss files) then you can simply revert the change by navigating to the relevant file in the Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code menu.

When you click on the file itself, you will see an option near the top to roll back to earlier versions of this file:

_19-09-u4qib-li10a

This will allow you to revert to any saved changes made to this liquid file.

CSS changes, on the other hand, are not backed up and you will need to manually undo this.

If you find that undoing these edits does not return your theme to functionality, you may need to download a fresh copy of this theme either from your theme developers (in the case of a third-party, paid theme) or from our theme store in the case of free Shopify themes.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, changing the code in any way seems to be the cause. I think I will keep the changes however and edit the site without the options as I am nearly done.

That said, if you want any further information on this problem I'd be happy to help. Just tell me what you need to know.

Regards

Tobias

0 Likes