Too much space between paragraphs

Solved
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey all, 

New to Shopify but have experience of editing via CSS. 
I can't figure out how to reduce space between blocks of text. These are just 1 return line but as you can see the gap is huge. Any help in reducing the space would be great. 

I can post links if needed, just using Debut template. 

Thanks 

Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 18.35.54.png

0 Likes
Excursionist
24 1 7

Hi,

I use the debut theme and exactly what you mentioned (too much space between paragraphs etc) is something that annoyed me.  I was able to request lessening the space between features on home page using my free 60 minutes design time, but when creating pages/blogs it automatically has a standard paragraph spacing and doesn't allow you to change it.  I got around this by writing what I wanted in my Microsoft word, and then copying and pasting in page, it worked for some pages, and others I just had to live with the spacing.

To be honest, I kind of now understand why the spacing is larger as it does help to focus, read and digest the information better when there is more spacing (like block reading).  Too little spacing can be off putting and makes text looked too condensed and messy.  Also, if there is a lot to read on a page it doesn't look so arduous when there is white space.  

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks for quick reply. It's a client request though so i have to figure a solution one way or the other! 

0 Likes
Navigator
338 37 37

@jonaverill wrote:

Thanks for quick reply. It's a client request though so i have to figure a solution one way or the other! 

can you share your website url and password if any ? I will assist you with css

you are welcome to contact / donate small amount to me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com

paypal.me/suyashpatankar
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Navigator
338 37 37

@jonaverill wrote:

https://r3zpqbjqqb2qdbhl-25045794852.shopifypreview.com

Thanks! 

add this css to the end of theme.scss file

.template-article .rte h5{margin-top: 25px;}

and check and change this number as per your need

paypal.me/suyashpatankar
1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks Suyash, 

I'll send you a few £ on Paypal once I get paid for this job. 

1 Like
Navigator
338 37 37
sure, thank you very much :)

paypal.me/suyashpatankar
0 Likes