Translate countries list in the checkout process

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Shopifiers!

I'm looking the way to translate countries list in the checkout process. Is it possible? How?

2019-09-12_13-49-32.png

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 18 54

Hi there, @redels!

Don here from Shopify. :)

While it is not possible currently to match these drop-downs' language to the language being used in the checkout, we are actually working on introducing this functionality in the future here.

If you would like, we can add another request for this on your behalf to the existing project for this functionality.

Just leave us your store name here and any info you would like to share on why this is important to your business (this is not mandatory, but helps us to understand who is looking for this and why).

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
4 0 0

My shop is redels.ru

I'm looking for this feature because my customers, in general, don't speak any language except Russian.

It's weird for them to see the "Moscow" region instead "Московская область".

Maybe there are any apps for this? Maybe it's possible to hide this drop-down selector? Is it possible to choose the default value for them?

Thx

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 18 54

Hi again, @redels!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

Thanks for that info, I have been able to use it to file a feature request for this on your behalf.

I did manage to find one app which purports to provide the functionality you describe.

LangShop states on its app store page that it 'In checkout form your customer from China (for example) will see products in his native language'.

Looking at the rest of the info they have provided there I believe this means that it will allow you to translate the options on the checkout page in addition to the static, background text you have already translated.

As with all third-party apps in our store, you can reach out to the developers directly with any support queries you have by using the contact details listed there on the app store page.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know what you would like to see in the platform in the future.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes