Solved

Translate text on dynamic checkout buttons

terjeG
Excursionist
18 0 5

I understand from some search its not possible to translate the dynamic checkout button text "Buy it Now" to other languages - it will always be in english language whatever language you have in the shop - is that correct?

Accepted Solution (1)

Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, all!

Jason from Shopify Support. At the moment, the Theme Support team can't edit the language on the dynamic checkout button. The feature's code comes directly from Shopify's core system, so the customization has to be done by the developers. If any customizations were made for one store, it would affect every store. 

The currently supported languages for dynamic checkout buttons are:

• Portuguese-Brazil 
  • Portuguese 
  • Spanish 
  • Italian 
  • French 
  • English 
  • Dutch 
  • German 
  • Danish 
  • Japanese

Note: The "More payment options" button is currently only supported in English.

For the dynamic checkout buttons language requests: If you wish to translate the button other than the language listed, feel free to share your request here with your .myshopify.com URL and the language you need. To reduce the thread's length and avoid repetitive responses, I may not reply to every single request post. Instead, I will mark "Like" on the post, so you know your request has been submitted already.

I'm actively monitoring this thread and I promise to forward every single one of your requests up to our development team. Thank you all for the valuable feedback. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated!

Best,

Jason

Allan | Shopify Community
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 169 (169)

Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

Hey, Terje!

Jason here from Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

You can change the language of the dynamic checkout button by changing your theme's language. For instance, when I switch the theme's language to French, the dynamic checkout button also switches to French. 

08_11-9bzdc-oqnxq

As long as your theme supports the language, you can switch the theme's language by Shopify admin > Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Languages. Just right below the heading, click on Change theme language.

08_18-4g08n-y10hi

A popup window will show you which language is available on the theme. Keep in mind that in order to switch language, the theme has to be published first. 08_21-4ndr3-wwhth 

Please note: If you have the theme's language set in French and the customer has an English browser, it's still going to be showing in French. The button isn't responsive to the browser's language.

I hope this information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
terjeG
Excursionist
18 0 5

Hi thanks,

I understand but I have made a Norwegian translating of my Minimal theme - that is sadly not standard. Why I not understand when you have both Swedish and Danish and Norway is the country that shop most on internet in Scandinavia. Anyway how can I change the dynamic button text? I can see it in F12 html code but not find it when searching the code in Shopify also not in languages. 

Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

Hi, Terje.

Thank you for your insight. I'm going to forward your input to our theme development team, so they can work towards including the language in the future.

Best, 

Jason

terjeG
Excursionist
18 0 5

Hi and thanks,

www.youtrend.no - is the shop Im about to build now.

Best regards

Terje

HenriH
Tourist
6 0 2

Hey,

Is there any other way to accomplish this as of yet? I'm running Out of The Sandbox's Turbo theme in Finnish and can't find a way to make the dynamic checkout button appear in Finnish.

Henri

HenriH
Tourist
6 0 2

Thanks Jason that would be great!

Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

Hey, Heri!

No problem at all. I've sent an email to your account email. Kindly reply with the answers to the questions. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Best,

Jason

Miia_Klingstedt
Shopify Expert
5 0 1

Hi I am also stuck on this. Could you email me too??

Restful Design - Webdevelopers who love Shopify.
37berntsen
4 0 0

Hey! I would also love some help with this 🙂

rrispoli
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Allan! Can you please help me with translation of the dynamic button text in Portuguese? The default Shopify text is not so good.

Nickano
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Jason,

We are also on Out of The Sandbox's Turbo theme and would like to have the dynamic checkout button appear in Finnish.

Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

Hey, @Nickano!

Jason here from Shopify support. 

Unfortunately, Finnish isn't part of the languages available for the translation. I've gone ahead and launched a feature request with our developers to see if Finnish can be added in the future. While I can't guarantee that it will be added, if the request is already there, I can add to it to bump it up - as the more merchants that mention a feature, the more likely they are to be implemented.

Best,

Jason

Onefoot
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Jason,

I have the same request and hope you can help with a Norwegian translation. I'm on Retina from Out of the Sandbox.

Thanks!

danutrusu
Tourist
4 0 2

Julie, we are paying for this service and no one cares. Should we move to Squarespace because I'm willing to do it if this doesnt get solved asap.

My users are from Romania, what do you think they would say when they see the button in english ? fake website right ?

I hope this gets solved by Friday, 20 Dec.

Rade_Radovanovi
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

I have my theme translated through Langify.

There is the line saying "More payment options" bellow the PayPal button on the product page that appears once a product is added to the cart. That line is misleading and there is the text that I can use better than this one. The line is not translatable with Langify nor it can be reached through the language edit

of the theme.

Theking123
Tourist
5 0 0

Hello sir i have the same problem i want to change the button text  "Buy It Now"   to  "اشتري الان"

my store

https://janssen-eg.myshopify.com/

and i use shopify theme called

Warehouse

Thank you

SiopStorielSiop
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you translate "Buy it now" into Welsh - "Prynwch Nawr" Siop Storiel Shop ~ Home ~ Shopify (siop-storiel-shop.myshopify.com)

Thank you!

kiddi
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

Please translate "Buy it now" button to Latvian as "PIRKT" for kiddisnap.myshopify.com

Pervack
Visitor
1 0 0

does not exist 

37berntsen
4 0 0
Great!

I need it in Norwegian - is that possible?
Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

Hey, @37berntsen!

I've sent an email to you with ticket #13859307 but never heard back. Unfortunately, Norwegian isn't listed as one of the languages currently available to translate to. That being said, I've passed your request to our development team, in the hope that soon they can add this language to the translation in the core system. Keep an eye out on the translation process offered in this post. The languages available will expand with time. 

Best,

Jason

Arnis
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, Jason

Can you help us with translating the dynamic buttons to Lithuanian ? thank you. 

ThaoNguyen02
Tourist
7 0 0

Hi @JasonC! Can you please help me with translation of the dynamic button text in Turkish? I'm also stuck on this 😞

Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

Hey, @ThaoNguyen02!

Thanks for the shoutout. 

I did a quick check. Unfortunately, Turkish isn't one of the languages available for translation. That being said, our development team is actively working on expanding the languages offering. Kindly keep an eye open on your admin home cards. The newest updates or language expansion notification will show up there when it becomes available for you. 

In the meantime, I've filed your suggestion to our development team, letting them know that you're requesting Turkish to be added as one of the languages for the dynamic checkout button. Thank you for letting us know your request.

Best,

Jason

37berntsen
4 0 0
I have not heard anything about Norwegian, so don't know if it will happen
soon or not

Michael-L
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, thanks support team and developers.

The translation of Chinese (Traditional) would be appreciated.

Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

Hey, @37berntsen and @Michael-L!

The new language rollout doesn't have an expected timeframe. That being said, I've checked with the development team and they've confirmed that it is in the planning stage. Thank you for your patience with us while we work on this request.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your request to the team on your behalf, Michael. Thanks for the feedback. 

Best,

Jason

37berntsen
4 0 0
I understand, and thank you for keeping us posted. I have been waiting for nearly two months with the subscription fee. I was hoping for a quick release and have not published my site because of this. It looks kinda crappy when everything is in Norwegian except for one central thing.

So I have basically waisted two months of payment.

Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

Hi, @37berntsen!

You're welcome. This is the least I could do. Thanks for the context. Based on my understanding of how the features get developed, this feature doesn't fall into the quick release category.

I've reached out to you via email with ticket #14263406. When you have a moment, reply to this email to me so I can authenticate you and take a look at your invoice. 

Best,

Jason

Kuventfy
Visitor
3 0 4

Hi,

I'm using the Brooklyn theme for a customer of mine and I need the dynamic checkout button to be translated to Hebrew.

sheananda
Visitor
1 0 1

hello sir

Can you please translate my button from English to Hebrew?

Buy It Now = קנה עכשיו

https://xn-4dbgdr0ba3d.myshopify.com

thanks

noam

terjeG
Excursionist
18 0 5

Hi, why you need the dynamic button anyway?

Norwegian shop's not use it and your shop will work fine with add to card button only. What payment gateway you planning on using the button with in Norway anyway?

TerjeG

Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

Hey, @terjeG and @Kuventfy!

Thanks for reaching out. Great point, @terjeG! The use of dynamic checkout button varies depending on your target market. Depending on who your target market is and what's its spending habit/pattern, you may not need the button for faster checkout. 

@Kuventfy, I've gone ahead and forwarded your request to our development team. Thanks!

Best,

Jason

Language222
Visitor
2 0 1

Same issue here. Swedish shop but buy it now button is in English. Could you please assist. 

www.alibri.se

sportina
Visitor
1 0 1

We need https://xyz-premium-fashion-store-2.myshopify.com/  BUY IT NOW butten translated to Serbian language.

Thank you very much.

BR

Klavdija

RenateJanimare
Visitor
1 0 1

Please change my BUY IT NOW button to "Direkt zur Kasse" on https://janimare.myshopify.com/

Thank you very much.

"Jetzt kaufen" is legally wrong and gets me into trouble with TrustedShops.com as you get directed to checkout and not buy it directly.

Allan
Community Manager
411 73 208

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, all!

Jason from Shopify Support. At the moment, the Theme Support team can't edit the language on the dynamic checkout button. The feature's code comes directly from Shopify's core system, so the customization has to be done by the developers. If any customizations were made for one store, it would affect every store. 

The currently supported languages for dynamic checkout buttons are:

• Portuguese-Brazil 
  • Portuguese 
  • Spanish 
  • Italian 
  • French 
  • English 
  • Dutch 
  • German 
  • Danish 
  • Japanese

Note: The "More payment options" button is currently only supported in English.

For the dynamic checkout buttons language requests: If you wish to translate the button other than the language listed, feel free to share your request here with your .myshopify.com URL and the language you need. To reduce the thread's length and avoid repetitive responses, I may not reply to every single request post. Instead, I will mark "Like" on the post, so you know your request has been submitted already.

I'm actively monitoring this thread and I promise to forward every single one of your requests up to our development team. Thank you all for the valuable feedback. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated!

Best,

Jason

kalis_media
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Hello JasonC,

On lokk.myshopify.com please translate "More payment options" to Norwegian.

OlenaV
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi! Could you please help me with translation of the dynamic button to Russian? The website is hik.su 

Thank you!

igoras
Visitor
1 0 5

Hi, 

aortawear.myshopify.com - I would love to get the button translated to Polish.

PS - as this seems to be a fairly common problem, why can't you simply add button translation to Edit language menu, as hundreds of other fields already?

AlexAM
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello, i need it in Catalan

www.myshopify.viscacat.com (dynamic checkout button) in Catalan

Cristian_Albu
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi!

I need translation for 'Buy it now' button in romanian. Shop URL is: me2you.ro

Thanks!

hanangel
10 0 0

hello now i want to make buy button romanian can you help

Sweetsensej
Shopify Partner
7 0 3

---

Jandys
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello JasonC,
Would it be possible to translate the dynamic button Buy it now from English to Czech?
Shop: https://czechmahayoga.myshopify.com/
language: Czech

Thank you!

Language222
Visitor
2 0 1

Language: English too Swedish

Url: alibri-design.myshopify.com

mobiline
Tourist
5 0 2

hi...

Id like to translate dynamic buttons text into slovenian language:

More payment options ->  "Izberi način plačila"

my shopify url is

https://gp-holding.myshopify.com/

regards Dragan

Holpus
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello, 

lakiara.ee 

Please for me BUY IT NOW to OSTA KOHE (in Estonian) 

Thank you

ZigaF
Tourist
5 0 4

Good day Jason!

I would like to translate the dynamic button text:

"More payment options" to "Izberi način plačila"

ojoni.myshopify.com

Thanks in advance!