Translate text on dynamic checkout buttons

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 4

I understand from some search its not possible to translate the dynamic checkout button text "Buy it Now" to other languages - it will always be in english language whatever language you have in the shop - is that correct?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 179

Hey, Terje!

Jason here from Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

You can change the language of the dynamic checkout button by changing your theme's language. For instance, when I switch the theme's language to French, the dynamic checkout button also switches to French. 

08_11-9bzdc-oqnxq

As long as your theme supports the language, you can switch the theme's language by Shopify admin > Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Languages. Just right below the heading, click on Change theme language.

08_18-4g08n-y10hi

A popup window will show you which language is available on the theme. Keep in mind that in order to switch language, the theme has to be published first. 08_21-4ndr3-wwhth 

Please note: If you have the theme's language set in French and the customer has an English browser, it's still going to be showing in French. The button isn't responsive to the browser's language.

I hope this information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hi thanks,

I understand but I have made a Norwegian translating of my Minimal theme - that is sadly not standard. Why I not understand when you have both Swedish and Danish and Norway is the country that shop most on internet in Scandinavia. Anyway how can I change the dynamic button text? I can see it in F12 html code but not find it when searching the code in Shopify also not in languages. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 179

Hi, Terje.

Thank you for your insight. I'm going to forward your input to our theme development team, so they can work towards including the language in the future.

Best, 

Jason

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hi and thanks,

www.youtrend.no - is the shop Im about to build now.

Best regards

Terje

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey,

Is there any other way to accomplish this as of yet? I'm running Out of The Sandbox's Turbo theme in Finnish and can't find a way to make the dynamic checkout button appear in Finnish.

Henri

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks Jason that would be great!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 179

Hey, Heri!

No problem at all. I've sent an email to your account email. Kindly reply with the answers to the questions. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Best,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
5 0 1

Hi I am also stuck on this. Could you email me too??

Restful Design - Webdevelopers who love Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hey! I would also love some help with this :)

0 Likes