Translation of Buy It Now button

2 0 0

Hello!

I have a problem, we try to translate Buy It Now button, here's our shop: 

https://byggimportoren.no/collections/mest-solgt/products/siga-corvum-12-48-rull-a-25-lm

We did manage to translate it to Kjøp Nå, but when i click on it, it becomes Buy it now again :(

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2282 151 310

Hi @SHISHA,

Nick here from Shopify. 

That does seem quite strange alright. Thanks for sharing your store URL for the example also, I see what you mean. I reached out to our theme support team about it, they mentioned that it seems like the theme you are using is a third party purchased theme and not a Shopify developed theme. Because of this, your best next step would be to reach out to the theme developers directly. Can you let me know what theme you are using, please? We can find out who the developers are then. The reason it would be best for the theme developers to look into this is that they wrote the theme for the code and are much more proficient and comfortable with it. 

Hope this helps and points you in the right direction! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Nick, 

Thank you for reply, we are using this theme: 

https://electro.arenacommerce.com/

I pasted your answer to the authors, here's their answer:

"Buy it now" button is Shopify default, we cannot edit. So we have to use javascript to translate it after it is loaded. However, if you click on it, Shopify will handle this event and that button will be reloaded again.

We see Debut theme on your store, it is Shopify default theme. So you can enable "Buy it now" button on this theme and contact Shopify for help. We will take a look after Shopify help you do this.

Regards,
ArenaTheme Support Team

I cannot afford the luxury of switching themes as the website is live and is being advertised.
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2282 151 310

Thanks for getting back to me @SHISHA and letting me know what the developers wrote back. 

I asked the theme support team again with that information and they said this is something which a lot of other store owners are looking for with different languages also. As it stands it's difficult to do much currently as the text for this button is controlled by the core and not the theme. I will add your store and Norwegian to the list of stores with this feature request. Be sure to keep an eye on things for future updates regarding it. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like