Solved

Translation of Buy It Now button

SHISHA
Tourist
5 0 4

Hello!

I have a problem, we try to translate Buy It Now button, here's our shop: 

https://byggimportoren.no/collections/mest-solgt/products/siga-corvum-12-48-rull-a-25-lm

We did manage to translate it to Kjøp Nå, but when i click on it, it becomes Buy it now again 😞

Accepted Solution (1)
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Dok,

As @jonasta mentioned this feature is available now. You can only change the language on the cart and checkout page for the Buy Button before you generate the Buy Button code.

Editing the language of the cart page on the buy button needs to be done before the button has been saved. Once a button has been saved, editing the language is no longer possible, as the code has already been generated.

To change the language on the cart page, click “Shopping Cart”:

20-04-qlo34-dqcfi

From there, you can enter your translations and edit the colors, too! 

20-04-8v0nn-eme9m

To edit the language of the checkout page for the buy button, go to Settings > Checkout. Scroll down to the bottom and click “Manage Checkout Language”: 

20-04-f1k7p-hfn2f

Then, fill out your translations. If the Online Store sales channel is not installed, the Checkout Language editor will look like this:

20-04-nox7l-0eifo

Hope this helps! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 34 (34)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @SHISHA,

Nick here from Shopify. 

That does seem quite strange alright. Thanks for sharing your store URL for the example also, I see what you mean. I reached out to our theme support team about it, they mentioned that it seems like the theme you are using is a third party purchased theme and not a Shopify developed theme. Because of this, your best next step would be to reach out to the theme developers directly. Can you let me know what theme you are using, please? We can find out who the developers are then. The reason it would be best for the theme developers to look into this is that they wrote the theme for the code and are much more proficient and comfortable with it. 

Hope this helps and points you in the right direction! 

All the best, Nick

SHISHA
Tourist
5 0 4

Hello Nick, 

Thank you for reply, we are using this theme: 

https://electro.arenacommerce.com/

I pasted your answer to the authors, here's their answer:

"Buy it now" button is Shopify default, we cannot edit. So we have to use javascript to translate it after it is loaded. However, if you click on it, Shopify will handle this event and that button will be reloaded again.

We see Debut theme on your store, it is Shopify default theme. So you can enable "Buy it now" button on this theme and contact Shopify for help. We will take a look after Shopify help you do this.

Regards,
ArenaTheme Support Team

I cannot afford the luxury of switching themes as the website is live and is being advertised.
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Thanks for getting back to me @SHISHA and letting me know what the developers wrote back. 

I asked the theme support team again with that information and they said this is something which a lot of other store owners are looking for with different languages also. As it stands it's difficult to do much currently as the text for this button is controlled by the core and not the theme. I will add your store and Norwegian to the list of stores with this feature request. Be sure to keep an eye on things for future updates regarding it. 

jonasta
Shopify Partner
6 0 7

Hi there!

We would also need this for Finnish.

Cheers!

kalis_media
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

jonasta, it looks like Shopify will fix this soon because it is a core issue, and many store owners have this problem. But in the mean time, if you want to translate the text with JavaScript (same solution as SHISHA) you don't have to program it by yourself, you can use my Shopify-app called Force Translate Anything

Dok
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, any update on this feature ?

jonasta
Shopify Partner
6 0 7
It has been fixed by shopify.
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Dok,

As @jonasta mentioned this feature is available now. You can only change the language on the cart and checkout page for the Buy Button before you generate the Buy Button code.

Editing the language of the cart page on the buy button needs to be done before the button has been saved. Once a button has been saved, editing the language is no longer possible, as the code has already been generated.

To change the language on the cart page, click “Shopping Cart”:

20-04-qlo34-dqcfi

From there, you can enter your translations and edit the colors, too! 

20-04-8v0nn-eme9m

To edit the language of the checkout page for the buy button, go to Settings > Checkout. Scroll down to the bottom and click “Manage Checkout Language”: 

20-04-f1k7p-hfn2f

Then, fill out your translations. If the Online Store sales channel is not installed, the Checkout Language editor will look like this:

20-04-nox7l-0eifo

Hope this helps! 

alltex
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi, this is great news! Tell me how to do this in the Debut theme?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @alltex,

If you are doing this directly from your theme, then you would need to go to  Settings > Checkout and change the language, then, fill out your translations. Double-check the Online Store sales channel is installed or it won't show up. 

alltex
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi, unfortunately it doesn’t work for me (
Translation into Russian. I guess I'm doing something wrong (

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @alltex,

That's strange. Can you share the error message it is showing you when you try to translate this for me, please? It's difficult to know what's wrong without seeing it. 

Ahmed-sharif
Tourist
3 0 0

what about Venture? it is seems that you did not fix it 

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Ahmed-sharif,

It should be the same for the free Shopify created themes. If you follow the steps and instructions below: 

Settings > Checkout and change the language, then, fill out your translations. Double-check the Online Store sales channel is installed or it won't show up. 

If it's not working for you, can you tell me what exactly isn't working? If you could share a screenshot of what you see and point out exactly what isn't working or share a link to where you mean it would be much appreciated. 

Pedro_Perez2
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi!

I created my buy button in french, which works well. However, when my customer switch the website to english, the buy button and the cart is still in french. How can the button also translate automatically with the rest of the page? Thanks

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Pedro_Perez2,

Would you be able to share your store URL and screenshot exactly the button you mean and I can take a closer look into this for you? If you could also let me know what theme you are using it would be a huge help! 

The information I can share with you is that editing the language of the cart page on the buy button needs to be done before the button has been saved. Once a button has been saved, editing the language is no longer possible, as the code has already been generated.

To change the language on the cart page, click “Shopping Cart”. I added a screenshot below to see if it's the same button you are referring to: 

20-06-3o4pz-yn8hu

Pedro_Perez2
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

yes, this is what I did the first time I created my button in french and added it to my blog post. I translated wvery word as your image shows me. It's when the client wants to go on the ENGLISH version of the website that the button (and its product description) stays in french. This is a picture of my website  in english with still the button in french:

english.PNG

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Thanks for sharing this and adding the screenshot @Pedro_Perez2.

I spoke to our theme support team who said this is something which is unsupported by Shopify and your best bet would be to look into seeking help from a Shopify Expert with it. 

Can I ask, are you using a Shopify hosted website or have you built the site on a different platform and added the buy button separately? If you could share a URL link to your store so I can take a look also it would be much appreciated and a huge help. 

Pedro_Perez2
Tourist
3 0 1
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Thanks for sharing @Pedro_Perez2

I showed and asked our theme support team about this. They said it would be something you would need to contact a Shopify Expert about after taking a closer look. You can see the Shopify Expert directory here. I completely understand this might not be ideal, but due to it not being something Shopify supports it would be the best next step here. 

jack0five
Excursionist
13 0 6

Nick,

You should be ashamed to say that this bug is not supported by Shopify team!!

Shopify did build this application and it is supposed to work well all over the world, not only for a language.

You ask to see with an external shopify expert??! Lot of users face the same issue. When a manufacturer makes a car which has a problem, he doesn't tells users to go to see with an external expert!

Every multilingual website should be able to translate such basic buttons as "add to cart"-"buy now"-"your card is empty",... as long as visitors just swith language with selector.

You've been facing this problem for more than 2 years and still no solution !!! A shame, really a shame!!!

Loraartwear
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello there, 

I'm also having an issue with translating the "Buy it now" button on Product page to Hebrew should translate to "קנה עכשיו" I was just on the chat with Shopify rep who informed me that there is no solution as I'm using Avenue as my theme. 

Is this is true?

Thanks a lot
Lora 

olessia
Tourist
6 0 2

Hey,

I was struggling with the same issue with the "dynamic buttons" that couldn't be localized. Came out across a bit of a hacky solution that worked after I changed couple things.

Go to the code of your theme -> Assets -> global.js and add this code at the end of the file:

/* fix BUY IT NOW button to Hebrew */
/* for desktop view */
setTimeout(function(){
    buyItNowButtonsCollection = document.getElementsByClassName('shopify-payment-button__button');
    if(buyItNowButtonsCollection.length) {
		buyItNowButton = buyItNowButtonsCollection[0];
		buyItNowButton.textContent = 'קנו עכשיו';
    }
}, 1000);

/* for mobile view */
setTimeout(function(){
    buyItNowButtonsCollection = document.getElementsByClassName('shopify-payment-button__button--unbranded');
    if(buyItNowButtonsCollection.length) {
		buyItNowButton = buyItNowButtonsCollection[0];
		buyItNowButton.textContent = 'קנו עכשיו';
    }
}, 2000);

In the other thread it was using jQuery and didn't work as I assume Shopify got rid of jQuery in their code (which is great), so I fixed it to work with native js and it should work in any browser.

It also checks whether the query has retrieved any buttons - so hopefully it won't throw exceptions if the button wasn't found.

Note that is would run and change the text regardless of the locale - so if you have a multilanguage site it might not play well.

Hope this helps anyone.

Cheers,

Olessia

GerhardW
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Olessa,
Although your post was a long time ago, I would like to let you know that your code above works for my theme as well.
Thank you very much for that!

Regards
Gerhard

Kriill
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Pedro!

I've seen your website and you managed to do what you wanted !

Was there a simple answer to your issue? I need to do exactly the same thing : my shop is in french, and I would like to have a translated buy button/description when people switch languages.

All the best!

jack0five
Excursionist
13 0 6

Exactly same problem!!!!

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
603 87 146

If anyone comes across this post and finds they cannot get 'Buy it now' translations for a particular language please get in touch and we'll fix it.

namnguyenffvn
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Hi Richbrown,
I am using the Dawn theme, but I still have no way of translating "Buy it now" into Vietnamese, our main language shop uses Japanese.

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
603 87 146

Hi @namnguyenffvn , I am able to reproduce this issue. We'll get it looked at 

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
603 87 146

@namnguyenffvn We've shipped a fix to this, let me know if it's working ok for you

EliskaM
Explorer
75 1 8

Hello there, I would like to ask you, if is there some possibility to translate it to czech language ("Kup teď ")
Thank you very much in advance 

juju_batwoman
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello, Richbrown

All of a sudden this morning I got un unpredictable behavior for the "buy it now buttons":

- until now, the buy it now buttons were shown as "shop with ShopPay"/ApplePay/googlePAy

- now, on some pages I get only the Add to cart button; on others I get the right button with Shop with .....; on others I get the "Add to cart" button and the "Buy it Now" one. 

First, I need to translate the buy it now string to Romanian and I can't find it anywhere

Secondly I want to have the same 2 buttons on all pages: Add to Card and the one for express checkouts  payment methods (ShopPay, ApplePay, GooglePay). 

Looking forward to receive an answer from you, thank you in advance!

Here are some screenshots:

juju_batwoman_0-1693294958883.pngjuju_batwoman_1-1693294979399.pngjuju_batwoman_2-1693294998747.png

juju_batwoman
Tourist
4 0 1

@richbrown_staff I solved the dynamic buttons issue. However, we use bundles and, as you know, dynamic checkout buttons don't work for bundles and "buy it now" is shown instead. My shop is in Romanian and it doesn't look great to have it in English. Can you help? Thank a lot!

Tomeliss
Tourist
13 0 2

Same problem occured to me also