Transparent product image background

3 0 0

Hello everyone. I'm trying change my " product image" background color from white to transparent in order to blend in with the website background. I want this transparent background to run throughout my website (front page, collections, cart, checkout etc). Is there a code for this?

0 Likes

Hello gary, your store is locked http://take.ms/9pZr4

Available for hiring. Inbox me lixonic[at]gmail[dot]com
0 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks Lixon, it's unlocked now.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
650 0 93

You could use PNG-24 files with a transparent backgound. I just did a quick test on with my own theme "Accent" and it does work.

1 Like
3 0 0

Thanks for the tip Ricky I'll give a try!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks for this. Just drank a pot of coffee trying to get transparent JPGs to work, which woundn't. PNG solved my problem.   :)

SPLIT—TRAP™ Original Safe Release Animal Trap "You can't get sprayed if you're far away."
0 Likes
14 0 0

I tried uploading .png image but won't work. Please help, my products thumbnails background is white. I need to make it transparent also on product page.

I am open for serious partnership. Message me.
www.xandreapremium.com
0 Likes
Astronaut
1082 147 272

You have to make the background transparent yourself in whatever image editing program you're working in. If there's already white in the background of the initial image it needs to be cut out, and placed on a transparent background before saving it out as PNG-24. It cant just be saved as transparent.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
14 0 0

I did it already, removing the white background before saving as .png but nothing happens.

I am open for serious partnership. Message me.
www.xandreapremium.com
0 Likes
1 0 0

I have a transparent PNG. Is there a solution for this yet? png is below

ShotTrac_Logo.png

0 Likes