Trying to change info in the Order Notification email

Excursionist
36 0 4

I’m still trying to change info in the order notification emails. My goal is just to have the most basic, text form of the entire order, with ALL info included. I’m not an expert on code and the help section leaves out a lot. I want to include the sub total, shipping amount, and final total, with line breaks. Would this do it…

<p></p>

{{subtotal_price | money }}

<p></p>

{{shipping_price | money }}

<p></p>

{{total_price | money }}

<p></p>

I also would like to make the shipping address have no spaces between the lines. I thought I had the right tags for that, but it still adds spaces.

Seems like it would be better if they just started with the default notification including all info, and then people could take out what they dont want. It's a lot easier removing tags than adding them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
33 0 4

Hi There!

Parker here from the Guru team - happy to help :)
Looks like you’re starting to get a great grasp on the html required for these email notifications!

If you head to Settings > Notifications > Order Confirmation you will see that there is a default notification already in place. There is a Preview button that allows you to see what the html looks like. Here is an example:

The default template has the order total breakdown as requested and the shipping address without spaces. Is that what you were looking to achieve? If not, let me know! I’m always happy to troubleshoot with you :)

0 Likes
Excursionist
36 0 4

Not the customer confirmation. The order 'notification' to us. The default did not include subtotal, shipping, total, notes, the customer email address... I managed to add the notes and email address myself. I’ve gotten the totals to show up, but just the numbers, not the text representing them. I’ll have to try and look at similar lines to try and duplicate the tags that way. As I said, I have no idea why they wouldn’t just automatically start off with all of this added in, then you could subtract what you don’t want. That’s a lot easier than trying to figure out what code to enter yourself. The least they could do is give a proper tag to insert in the help docs. Like: ‘Want to add the customer email address to your order notifications, insert this exact tag here____. Rather than people having to randomly stumble around pestering people for help and guessing by trial and error.

0 Likes