Trying to create a quantity drop down, that pulls quantity availability based on what's available

Tourist
7 0 1

Hi there! I am having some issues with my website - I've tried adding a way for my customers to add how many of an item they want, into my listing pages - but had a problem where it allowed customers to select as many of an item they wanted to order, regardless of how many I have actually available on my site. 

Is there anyway to create a drop down for quantity, and force it to show ONLY what's available in stock for that item? (Ie - if I have only 5 of that listing available, it will show a drop down of 1-5 that a customer can select to purchase.)

Any help or points in the right direction - would be amazing!

Thank you!

-Michelle

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
132 1 16

Hi Michelle,

Just to be clear, did you want a dropdown in place of the quantity up and down buttons in the cart slide? Sorry if I'm being dense, I had a look on your product pages and none of the ones I viewed had a quantity selector.

Cheers,

Elliott

Feeling a bit lost? Contact elliot@mandelbrotian.com for help with theme setup, alterations, custom functionality, and app development.
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

I originally had the quantity up and down buttons - however it allowed customers to select an infinite number to add to their cart - regardless of how many were actually in stock. I had to disable it, because of that issue.

I figured it would look nicer anyway, to have a drop down, that actually showed how many of that particular item, are in stock.

And no worries, you are not being dense. It was a great question! And thank you for taking the time to help me problem solve!

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
132 1 16

No problem. Can you let me know which theme you are using? If it's one from the Shopify theme store I'll be able to point you towards what files need to be changed. If it's a custom theme from somewhere else there might be a bit more involved.

Cheers,

Elliott

Feeling a bit lost? Contact elliot@mandelbrotian.com for help with theme setup, alterations, custom functionality, and app development.
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Elliott, you are amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The Theme I am using is Mr. Parker. I am using their most up-to-date version, which doesn't have the automatic drop downs that some themes do, within the theme settings.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
132 1 16

Hi Michelle,

Sadly I can't access the theme structure on that one without full purchase, so I still can't see what needs to be changed. If you ping me on my account email with a zip of the current theme file then I can make the changes and send it back to you.

Cheers,

Elliott

0 Likes
3 0 0

Has anyone been able to accomplish this? Needing exactly this for the Minimum theme.

0 Likes