Trying to filter for multiple tags [accumulated results]

Highlighted
Excursionist
45 2 2

This is asked often and I wonder why there is no straight forward solution using shopify. I want to search/filter for products which might comply with all filter-tags, but not necessarily.

Example:

Collection A contains lots of cars with blue paint, red paint, black paint ... how am I supposed to modify my filter to see all blue AND red cars without maintaining extra collections? When I add the tags to my collection-url there will be no car shown, as no car will have blue AND red paint. 

Can I somehow pass a variable to my collection.json file?

The only solution seems to be to load the whole collection and filter with JS. This way the risk of a lame site-load increases.

Any ideas somehow? :)

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
34 0 3

Hello,

In the situation, You must add tag to your products (not collections). 

Following the filter by tags tutorial to add the feature for your store: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/collections/filter-collections-with-product-tags

If you can't do by yourself, you could hire a developer or using the filter app

Don't hesitate to ask me if you have any question.

Thanks

Shopify small task for only $49/task at Globo. Hire us now: http://www.globosoftware.net/product/shopify-theme-tweak-service/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
45 2 2

Hi, yes the tags are added to the products. Nevertheless it is not possible to make use of multiple filters at once with logical 'OR' in between. They will always be added by 'AND'.

Thanks and cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 4

That's actually not correct. The filter system uses inclusive or 'OR' logic which includes all items that have ANY of the tags that are selected. I have been looking for app options that change that to use exclusive or 'AND' logic which makes it so all products shown must includes ALL tags that are selected. It seems like it would bee a very simple alteration of the tag condition check. I may just delve in and try and figure it out myself because I have been looking for weeks with no luck.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I'm also facing this issue with the 'OR' logic on Supply theme.

Each time I select two filters from the same group only the items with both tags will appear : let's say i'm searching for different colors, when I'll select "white" and "blue" only the products that have these two tags will appear.

I would like to have all the products that have at least one of this tags. Is there a way to do so ? I could not find the code regarding this.

In advance thank you !

0 Likes