Turn off subscription pop up

8 0 0

HI, I'm wanting to turn off our pop up for customers to subscribe. I have found the html in theme.liquid, but no idea if I'm meant to just delete it or add or remove some text. Any advice is appreciated. Below is the html I found.

</script>   

{% if settings.popup %}
  <script type="text/javascript">
    if($(window).width() > 500){
      // Fancybox Join our mailing list popup
      $(document).ready(function(){

var check_cookie = $.cookie('mailing_list_delay_popup');
        if(check_cookie == null){
          $.cookie('mailing_list_delay_popup', 'expires_seven_days', { expires: 7 });
          //fire your fancybox here
          setTimeout(function(){
            $.fancybox({
              href: "#subscribe_popup"
            });
          }, 4000);
        }
      }); 
    };

</script> 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
43 0 1

Hey Annette!

Rachel here from the Shopify Guru Team!

If what you want to do is hide the pop up from your storefront, you can make the change in the Customize Theme Editor without having to touch your HTML. 

Head to Online Store > Themes > Customize Theme in your Admin. Look for Social Media and Email Signup in the them editor menu, then uncheck the checkbox beside Enable Join Mailing List Popup. This way, you can leave the code as is, in case you change your mind later.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to reach out to Shopify Support!

Rachel O
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Rachel O, Shopify Guru
0 Likes
8 0 0

Hi Rachel, thanks you so much for your help :)

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Rachel,

This wasn't successful as it's not showing a Social Media and Email Signup option in theme editor.

Do you have another suggestion? Like Annette, i can get to the coding page for Fancy Box where, under Assets, i can see: jquery.fancybox.css, fancybox_sprite.png, jquery.fancybox.pack.js and fancybox_loading.gif.

Any advise would be brilliant

Thanks,

Abby

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
43 0 1

Hey Abby,

Your pink pop-up seems to come from the Privy App. You can change or disable it there!

I hope this helps!

Rachel O
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Rachel O, Shopify Guru
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for responding. 

I was referring to the pop up on our home page, has a blue coffee cup as background image.

We don't seem to have Privy showing as an installed app in Shopify either, nor anywhere in the coding page. 

Any other suggestions? 

Big Thanks!

Abby

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
43 0 1

Hey, Abby!

It seems I'm looking at the wrong store. I'd like to reach out to you by email about this so I can verify which store you're referring to. :)

I'll be in touch!

Rachel O
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Rachel O, Shopify Guru
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi,

We have a subscription pop up that is only showing up on our mobile site.  Would love to some advice on how to turn this off?  I don't see a setting in our theme for just the mobile site.

Our site is gcwine.myshopify.com.

Thanks in advance, Mandy

0 Likes