Tutorial: adding a tip or donation to the cart page

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
489 0 42

Just wrote up a quick tutorial on how to add a tip or donation field to the cart page.

http://www.tetchi.ca/shopify-tutorial-adding-a-tip-or-donation-to-the-cart-page/

Let me know how if you guys have any questions!

-tetchi

www.tetchi.ca | www.twitter.com/t3tchi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 3

Hello Tetchi,

You have a really nice tutorial there. I've tried to implement your tutorial on my shop using Debut Theme, but I'me having trouble with the step 3.  On your page I'm not able to see the code that you ask to copy past into the cart liquid. Did it disappear ?

Thanks,

Capture d’écran, le 2019-06-16 à 17.16.57.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey were you able to figure out how to add tips to your cart page? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
875 72 205

My team and I created an app called Tip Jar to make it easy to put a tip feature on your store: apps.shopify.com/tip-jar-app.

The design and tip options are customizable, and you can put it anywhere in your theme with a simple include statement.

Give it a go and if you need help setting it up, or have any feature request let me know. 👍

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Abbab123@CookieCrave et al,

My team and I recently created TipGenius, a simple tipping pop-up app for your Shopify store checkout and we are the Staff Pick this week!

With TipGenius, when a customer clicks your checkout button, a pop-up window gently asks if they would like to add a tip.

The call-to-action and tip amounts are customizable. If your customer has already added a tip they will not be prompted again.

With TipGenius, your customers can...

• Tip delivery staff
  • Thank the folks behind the scenes
  • Help with Covid-19
  • Show you they care

Check it out at https://apps.shopify.com/tipgenius

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
875 72 205

Anyone coming here in the future, there's been a big update from Shopify, you can add tips to Checkout now: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/checkout-settings/tips.

Here's what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 6.35.34 PM.jpg

To set it up, go to Settings Checkout and configure your tip options.

For collecting tips anywhere else, Tip Jar is still active and maintained by my team. We take feature requests so if you're not into tips at checkout we got you covered.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for this very helpful information!  We are a nonprofit, and it is great for our customers to have the option of adding a donation at checkout.

One additional thing we noticed - the Order Confirmation email still shows the word "Tip", rather than "Donation".  Since most of our customers will want to save this email as a tax receipt, we had to change the language at Settings -> Notifications -> Order confirmation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! I am trying to change the word 'tip' to donation on my shop as I also would like to raise money for charities in addition to sales. Can anyone tell me how to do this in Brooklyn theme? I have gone in and edited the "tip" line under settings>checkout>checkout language>tip, but it is not seeming to work. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

0 Likes