URGENT - Wrong Variant Being Added to Cart on Desktop only. Fine on Mobile.

Highlighted
3 0 0

Guys,

Need your urgent help. 

Our store - https://julke.pk 

Desktop Users - When a user adds an item (with a variant) to the cart, the wrong size, color, is being added. 

Mobile Users - Everything works perfectly. 

SOS.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1057 62 124

Hi there @Hassan_Zahid!

Don here from Shopify. :)

If you need help in a hurry, you can get in touch with us via our support site by starting a live chat or using our international phone numbers.

For this issue, this is almost certainly originating in the theme being used on your store currently based on the information you have provided.

Can you confirm for us here the name of your theme and where you purchased it?

If it's a free, Shopify-built theme and it has not been customized too much we should be able to provide support for it from here in Shopify ourselves.

Is it is a paid, premium theme or a heavily-customized Shopify theme then you would instead need to contact the developers who created or edited this theme for you.

Feel free to reach out to our support team using the support site above if it is the former and if it's the latter case then you can get in touch with your theme developers instead.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi Hassan, 

Did you find a solution?

I have the exact same issue with all my products with variants. 

The wrong variant, always the first variant is always added to the cart. 

It does it on both desktop and mobile version. I am using the Warehouse template. 

Thank you so much for sharing your solution, if you found any, 

https://www.levoyagedecor.com/products/beldi-water-glass

https://www.levoyagedecor.com/collections/wall-decor/products/crescent-moon-mirror

https://www.levoyagedecor.com/collections/wall-decor/products/geometric-brass-mirror 

Kind regards, 

Gigi

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.50.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.09.02 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Gigi,

Love your products!

And yes, I do see the problem.

For the life of me I don't remember how our issue was resolved

It was something small though -  MAYBE on the product template liquid some piece of code (from an app if you have any) was bothering that bit. 

I've been asking around the office if anyone remembers and as soon as something pops up - I'll shoot over. 

Sorry couldn't be much help. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1057 62 124

Hi there @LaGigi!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for outlining the issue so well here and for including those links!

I was able to reproduce the behaviour you mentioned right away here from my location and can see the incorrect variant being added to your cart.

As you mentioned, your store is currently using the Warehouse theme, which is developed and supported by Maestrooo themes.

Because this is a third-party theme and not one of our own, free themes you would just need to reach out to the developers for support with this, rather than getting support from us here in Shopi....

You can get in touch with Maestrooo here on their website, to see how they might be able to provide support here.

Would you have added any apps or made any coding changes to this theme yourself around the time you noticed this happening, or has this behaviour been present consistently in this theme?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi Don, 

Thank you so much for your answer. 

I tweaked the code myself in order to remove the quantity selector on products that have quantity variants. 

It just did not make sense to have a product where you can buy set of 2 or 3 and then have the quantity selector right below. It just made things confusing. 

So, I edited the code to remove it, maybe that created some issue with Javascript?

I added ShoGun webstore page builder App but I decided not to use it and therefore, immediately removed the app. 

Otherwise, I did not add any app. 

I contacted Maestrooo for help as you suggested. We will see if they answer. 

What do you think?

Thank you so much, 

Kind regards,

Gigi- 

0 Likes