URL redirect from one shopify account to another

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey,

We've just recently launched a new shop with Shopify. We'd like for our old Shopify shop to redirect to our new one. They're technically two seperate account – we wouldn't want to actually merge the accounts, but rather redirect everything that goes to oldeenglishtiles.myshopify.com --> oeta.myshopify.com

Is this possible? Unforunately I cannot create a URL redirect and leave the sub-path blank (meaning I can't get the whole site to redirect to the new one).

Dom

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
269 1 23

Hey Dom!

Stephanie here from Shopify's guru team :)

It's not possible to redirect one .myshopify.com URL to another.

Did you have a custom domain for your old store? If so, you could modify the DNS settings to point to your new store by changing the CNAME record to reflect your new, .myshopify.com URL. Once you modify the DNS settings of your domain, you'll have to claim this domain in your new store!

Here's our doc on setting up a custom domain - https://help.shopify.com/manual/domains/understanding-domains

You could also modify your old site to point your customers to your new website by adding a slideshow image saying "We've moved!". You can add a link to the image within your theme settings to bring your customers to your new store.

Hope this helps! Feel free to reach out to support@shopify.com if you need any more assistance :)

Cheers!

Stephanie | Shopify Support
0 Likes
1 0 0

hello, how do i claim the domain in the new store? does it pop up automatically? or do i have to connect existing domain? please let me know the steps

0 Likes