Unable To See My Created Collections In Drop Down Menu

Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you for your replies!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Was also having this issue and contacted Shopify LIVE support and they were able to reset it, now it works again. Wish I would have searched first because I spent about 2 hours trying to figure it out myself. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

I have spoken to Support both live and in chat twice now regarding this issue which was first noticed around 21st August. The fix they have applied each time which I have been told is a reindex of the collections has only worked for a couple of days before failing again.

Someone has dropped the ball in the coding of the most recent cosmetic changes to the Admin & Product edit pages as the problem coincided with the change to the popup view that appears when you search for available collections in your store.

Frustration doesn't even begin to describe my feelings about this glitch, especially as it has happened in the same month that our store fees jumped from $179US to $299US.

Seriously considering moving platforms if there is no fix soon.

Had enough of these sorts of problems on the eBay platform over the part 17 years and quite frankly I am over it.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

I too contacted the LIVE support and they fixed it immediately and it lasted until I hung up the chat and then it no longer worked.  I emailed them...they fixed it again and once again it was fixed for about 2 minutes!  They say they are escalating it now to someone else..  I am setting up a BRAND NEW store so I am having real doubts from the get go with this platform!  I've spent so much time entering products I don't have time to start over! ugh!!

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0
I feel the same way, they are definitely not what they claim to be
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

i have this exact same problem but no closer to a solution. it seem erratic, sometimes some collections show up and other times the list is shorter, different collections showing up etc. invariably never the one I want for the product I am editing

0 Likes
3 0 0

I was having the same problem with some of my collections not showing up in the drop down menu. Try going into the collections and making some small changes such as re type the description, change the available sales channels or delete a product. This worked for me.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
21 0 9

I have the same issue, it started recently. Collections that are in a menu can not be added to a new menu. The drop down in Navigation shows 3 collections although the shop has 8 collections.  

1 Like
2 0 0

Hi Peter i have emails from Shopify support saying this is a common issue and they have no real fix for it ... but they are working on it. Log it with support - it's been going on for me for about a week now and is very frustrating

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
21 0 9

Making a small change to the collection's description, as suggested above, makes it appear in the drop down to add it to a menu.   

0 Likes