Unable To See My Created Collections In Drop Down Menu

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 9

@postart wrote:

Hi Peter i have emails from Shopify support saying this is a common issue and they have no real fix for it ... but they are working on it. Log it with support - it's been going on for me for about a week now and is very frustrating

I just spoke to support and pointed them to this thread and asked that this be escalated.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
It must be a glich in the program. It have had sucess just making a minor change to the collection, such as, turning off ebay in the sales chanels or changing the description. You can then go back later and change it back.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This is happening to me also.  I have a collection for New Arrivals that I populate manually.  Now all of a sudden, it doesn't show up and it says I haven't created any collections yet, but yes I have created collections and they do exist.  They just won't show up in the drop-down list on the listing page.  I contacted support and have yet to get a solution to the issue.  Feeling irritated.

0 Likes
3 0 0
Customer service is not yheir strong suit. Try making a minor change to the colldction such as, turn a sales channel off, or the description. You can undue the change later. I had the same problem with several with several collection and this fixed it. There must be a software problem on Shopify's end.
How is your store doing? Where are you advertising it. Mine is monkeyfeetshirts.com

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Kendall.  Thanks for the tip.  I'll give that a go since I've heard nothing back from Shopify.

I get a few sales each month on Shopify, but it's not my primary venue.  I advertise on Google and get pretty good traffic from it.  Since I sell vintage and antique, my buyers are usually searching for a very particular item.   My shop is hautevintagejewels.com.  Good luck to you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I still cant figure out how to fix with problem and its really upsetting me. The only collection that works on my store is the home page. :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I just spoke to Support. It is NOT in "Collections" drop down box.

Go below that to "Tags" add the tag matching your "Collections" name. This will auto populate into "Collections".

Crazy, I know, but thats the fix. Good luck everyone.

"04:04 Glofel G: So technically, the product tagging should be on the Tags not under the collection.."

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
This was a Shopify glitch when the interface was first changed in the Shopify Admin product listing page back around Sept 2019.
The problem was present for over a month or more then the interface reverted back to the old coding for a while.
When it finally changed to the new inteface again it appears that the problems have all been fixed by Shopify. This happened at least 3 months ago.
Thank you for your input all the same.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

for anyone still having this problem you must make a page and collection title, lets say jewellery , then create the necessary navigation menus. in your theme customizer click edit page, on the right hand side it will say template, in the drop down menu click page.sub-collections. this will show all your collections on the jewellery page like rings, bracelets, necklace etc

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I realized the problem was due to creating a collection under automatic instead of manual. It would be a helpful feature if you could have both.

1 Like