Unable To See My Created Collections In Drop Down Menu

Shopify Partner
2 0 5

Hi,

This is my situation...

I noticed when I was in Oberlo and I uploaded my very first product to my store and I couldn't get any of my collections that I created(chose automatic for all my collections) and linked in my shopify store settings to show up in oberlo and on my shopify product page for this particular first product. Now, all that showed up in both oberlo and shopify was my home collection and when I went to type in where to add this product to my collections like new arrivals and samsung cases. They didn't show up in my collection field box, just Home showed up. How do I get all of my collections to show up in oberlo and shopify, so these products can land on the right pages? Is there a sync button in oberlo to fix this problem perhaps?
Also, under my collections I set the conditions to product tag is equal to for example bracelets and
and I tried product tite contains the collection name e.g bracelets with products matching any conditions, hit save and still don't show up in my shopify collection search on my product page.
on my collections page where they have a search field on top, that's the only place all my collections I created show up there.
So, now I have no way of telling where to send my products other than Home collection. Please help if you can.
I'm using fre theme called debut which I chose inside shopify free themes. 

Thanks in advance,

Marc

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 5

Nevermind, I fixed the problem. If your having issues not seeing all of your collections, but home in the collections drop down search field in both shopify and oberlo. The solution is to redo all your collections and choose Manual, NOT Automatic!!!

Then you will see all your collections show up in the collections search field, so now you can easily assign where you want your products to go on your site.

Best,

Marc

3 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

i am faceing same prolem, i have 3 collections , but i m still unable to find them in collections search field . can you help 

1 Like
1 0 3

I know this post is bit old but I recently encountered this issue and was finally able to resolve it without having to change the settings of the collection I created to manual. I realized that the reason that it was not showing up on the dropdown menu of the product page (where it indicates 'collections' for you to add) is because when you initially set up the conditions for the collection, you have to click on product must match "any condition". If you leave it at product must match "all conditions" you may not be able to add your product if it doesn't meet all of the conditions you set up in the first place. Hope that helps anyone in the future!

3 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Thank you, this solved the problem for me.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0
OMG! Thank you
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0
This did not resolve my issue. I can see the collection, however when I go to products to add to that collection, that collection isn’t an option to add products to
0 Likes
1 0 0

Very helpful, thanks a million!

@Marc_Weinstock wrote:

Nevermind, I fixed the problem. If your having issues not seeing all of your collections, but home in the collections drop down search field in both shopify and oberlo. The solution is to redo all your collections and choose Manual, NOT Automatic!!!

Then you will see all your collections show up in the collections search field, so now you can easily assign where you want your products to go on your site.

Best,

Marc

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

Today is 8/30/19 and I tried the trick with changing the setting from auto to manual in collections (because I was having this problem). That solved the problem immediately! UNTIL today!!   I am setting up my store now and Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 6.30.45 AM.pngI have been entering new products and manually choosing the category and it's been working fine...until yesterday 8/29/19 when my drop down category list shrunk to only a few categories and when I typed the category I was looking for in the search box it does not show up at all.  Now this morning 8/30/19 my categories are only showing ONE option (and I have several).  When I go to the Collections (to edit/add collections etc.) they are ALL there.  I have not changed any settings... Is this shopify's problem?? Are they having a glitch??? I just don't understand why everything is fine for several days and now having a problem!!  VERY frustrating to say the least and makes me wonder if I made a correct choice with Shopify.  I'll attach a pic to help show my problem...  Any suggestions would be SO APPRECIATED! Thank you!!

1 Like
1 0 1

Very Interesting you say that... We're also having the same issue with our store. Dont feel like your the only person in this boat, your not alone!

Anyone else having this issue and found a solution? 

UPDATED: I suggest any stores having this issue to contact Shopify Live SUPPORT. The only way to start fixing this issue is to reset your collections, which live support can do! However, they have acknowledged this is an internal problem! [Which is good news :) ]

1 Like