Unable to Edit Quantity in Cart

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I am unable to update any quantities in my cart.

When I click the 'update button' the page refreshes and reverts back to the quantity amount originally selected. 

https://www.angelaromatics.com.au/cart

My shopify theme is Debut.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 146

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team.

I would be more than happy to see what I can do to help you out today. I do see that issue as well on my side so I'm going to reach out to my technical team. However, before I reach out to my technical team I want to just clarify a few things first so I can get some background information.

Have you made any customizations to any code on your website since this started happening? Specifically the Cart Liquid file, but if you made any coding adjustments please let me know.

Have you added any apps to your store recently?

When did you first start to notice this?

Once I know the answers to these questions I will better be able to direct our next steps.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Dallas,

Thank you for your help!

I haven't added apps lately, we only noticed this as a couple days ago as a wholesaler complained but not sure exactly when it stopped working. Apps we use regularly are locksmith and Bold quantity breaks.

We did have someone who created our custom code in the liquid file however has now left - she added minimum purchase quantities on some wholesale products see below:

<td class="cart__update-wrapper cart-flex-item text-right">
<a href="/cart/change?line={{ forloop.index }}&amp;quantity=0" class="btn btn--small btn--secondary cart__remove medium-up--hide">{{ 'cart.general.remove' | t }}</a>
<div class="cart__qty">
<label for="updates_{{ item.key }}" class="cart__qty-label">{{ 'cart.label.quantity' | t }}</label>
{% if item.product.tags contains 'min_25' %}
<input class="cart__qty-input" type="number" name="updates[]" id="updates_{{ item.key }}" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="25" pattern="[0-9]*">
{% elsif item.product.tags contains 'min_24' %}
<input class="cart__qty-input" type="number" name="updates[]" id="updates_{{ item.key }}" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="24" pattern="[0-9]*">
{% elsif item.product.tags contains 'min_20' %}
<input class="cart__qty-input" type="number" name="updates[]" id="updates_{{ item.key }}" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="20" pattern="[0-9]*">
{% elsif item.product.tags contains 'min_12' %}
<input class="cart__qty-input" type="number" name="updates[]" id="updates_{{ item.key }}" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="12" pattern="[0-9]*">
{% elsif item.product.tags contains 'min_36' %}
<input class="cart__qty-input" type="number" name="updates[]" id="updates_{{ item.key }}" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="36" pattern="[0-9]*">
{% elsif item.product.tags contains 'min_32' %}
<input class="cart__qty-input" type="number" name="updates[]" id="updates_{{ item.key }}" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="32" pattern="[0-9]*">
{% elsif item.product.tags contains 'min_5' %}
<input class="cart__qty-input" type="number" name="updates[]" id="updates_{{ item.key }}" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="5" pattern="[0-9]*">
{% elsif item.product.title contains '15ml Oil (wholesale)' %}
<input class="cart__qty-input" type="number" name="updates[]" id="updates_{{ item.key }}" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="6" pattern="[0-9]*">
{% elsif item.product.tags contains 'min_10' %}
<input class="cart__qty-input" type="number" name="updates[]" id="updates_{{ item.key }}" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="10" pattern="[0-9]*">
{% else %}
<input class="cart__qty-input" type="number" name="updates[]" id="updates_{{ item.key }}" value="{{ item.quantity }}" min="0" pattern="[0-9]*">
{% endif %}
</div>
<input type="submit" name="update" class="btn btn--small cart__update medium-up--hide" value="{{ 'cart.general.update' | t }}">
</td>
<td class="text-right small--hide">
{% if item.original_line_price != item.line_price %}
<div class="cart-item__original-price"><s>{{ item.original_line_price | money }}</s></div>
{% endif %}

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 146

Thanks for sharing. When it comes to the specifics of code adjustments that would not be my area of expertise, but I do have some other steps that I can help you with and I have some places that I can send you to get more help. In order to continue to figure out the best course of action for you I'm going to just troubleshoot a few more things. 

Ok, so since there were some adjustments that were done to this I'm thinking that it could be a little glitch in the code. If you go to the back end of your store (Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code  in your Store Admin) you'll see a list of the files that make up your store. The one that she edited will have a little button that says Older Versions.

20-07-b42uq-q23s2

That is what you're going to want to click on. In it there will be a date that will be from before the edits were made. If you could click that and then try the checkout for me that would be great. 

Don't worry, none of your data will be removed and you'll be able to roll right back to where you are now after so don't be afraid to click the save button. Basically it brings you back in time, but doesn't erase anything. 

When you do that we will know if that is where the issue originated and I will know where to direct you. If the same thing is still happening even when you roll back then I will also know where to direct you, but it will be a different team.

I look forward to continuing to work with you on this. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes