Unable to Remove Items from Cart After Installing Bold Product Options

Tourist
3 0 1

Installed Bold Product Options app earlier this month and now users are not able to remove items from shopping cart. Removed the app and cart still not functioning properly.

Went into code editor and manually removed all code associated with Bold Product Options and cart still not functioning properly.

Am currently combing through a backup of our theme and comparing to the store's current code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Bold apps usually add several codes and files into your shopify store, make sure to remove all files and also remove all the lines added by Bold app in products, collections, customers and cart templates. this is most likely what is blocking the update of your cart icon.

Ecom-Gurus.com The Freelance Marketplace For You
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey VantoutBrothers, I believe that I have done this, but as an amateur coder, it's hard to be sure. Are there any resources you can point me towards that might help? I'm considering reaching out to Pixel Union for help, as we are using the Empire theme.

0 Likes

Hi,

Please go to your website homepage and cart page, then click right, after that click on (view page source), then look for any remaining codes left by Bold by searching the word (bold), if it is the case, then there is some codes left there.

Try to go to Bold website and find the documentation on how to install the apps, there you'll know exactly which files contain the codes, here is a link that may help you 

https://support.boldcommerce.com/hc/en-us/articles/200932719-Bold-Subscriptions-Code-Install-Instruc...

Let me know if this resolved the issue.

Kind regards,

Ecom-Gurus.com The Freelance Marketplace For You
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks, VantoutBrothers. I've been using the text search in the code editor in Shopify, but viewing page source is good idea. I'll give it a shot – thanks for the help!

1 Like