Unknown error showing

2 0 0

Hi Guys,

I am not able to edit, remove or add the main menu. It keep showing the unknown error.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
264 21 43

Hello! 

Ren here from the Shopify support team. I'd love to gather some more context on this to see how to best help you. Are you referring to your main menu when you are in your theme editor (and if so, what is the name of the theme), navigation panel or are you using a menu building app? What is the error in question and when did it start happening? 

If you can add some screenshots as well that would be helpful in investigating the issue for you! I'll look forward to your response. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

I am not able to edit the theme or the navigation-main menu section. In the theme section it says error communicating with the server.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
264 21 43

Thanks for those details! Additionally, can you let me know whether it's a Shopify supported theme or a third-party theme? Just the name will do if you're not sure. What are you actions immediately prior to the error message?

It's possible this is browser related. Something to try would be to clear your browsers cache and cookies, (here's a third-party help link). Can you also try accessing and editing your theme by logging into your admin on a different browser to see if you run into the same problem?

Let me know if that does the trick. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes