Unwanted "Additional Details" in my order view

15 0 0

A few months ago every order I started seeing "Additional details" in every order I got.

What's weird: the details were not related to the order. The additional fields were: "prod1-handle", "prod1-title", "prod1-featured_image" and "prod1-url", as well as "prod2-handle", "prod2-title", "prod2-featured_image" and "prod2-url". These appear even if there's just 1 item in the order.

And the actual details in each field is unrelated to the actual product. 

How do I remove these fields?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 0 44

Hey, Holly!

My name is Aaron, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

Hmm, that's curious - that's not standard behaviour for a Shopify store, though I have seen similar results from installing apps.  Were there any third party apps that you installed around about the same time that you started seeing this behaviour?  That could well be the culprit.  If you're not sure, we could absolutely check in with our escalated tech support team to trace down where those extra fields are coming from.  I'll send you out an email once I've posted this response - if you'd like us to check into this further for you, just respond to that message!

Do feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time as well, we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Aaron | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
15 0 0

Yeah, I'm sure it happened after installing an app. Just don't know which one. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am experiencing the same problem in my store. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello,

I have this exact problem too. Mine came from the app Spently. I have uninstalled the app, and still it remains. I contacted them to ask how to remove it. They gave me a line of code to remove however that didn't change anything on new orders coming in. I'm still waiting to hear back if they have any more details on how to get rid of it. 

Anyone solve this yet? 

0 Likes
1 0 1

ShopSync has this info:

MC_CID is short for MailChimp Campaign ID and means there is tracking enabled either on the campaigns or automations which cause these notes to appear. It is how MailChimp tracks the revenue generated by each campaign and an individual list member. Please note, it is sent by Mailchimp through store's connection with ShopSync and we can't disable.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
16 2 1

MC_CID is short for MailChimp Campaign ID and means there is tracking enabled either on the campaigns or automations which cause these notes to appear.

^^^ Verified this is the answer.

0 Likes